Monday, April 21, 2008

It's Monday AGAIN

The weekend came and went again. Ballgames Friday night, Saturday and again Sunday (but not during church:) I went to the game Saturday morning instead of coming home and going to bed after work. Our team won, and Ashton played well. It wasn't his best game, but he did okay. He had games again in the afternoon, but my loving husband brought Brady, my mom and Dale and me home so I could go to sleep. Brady was supposed to go to a golf lesson, but he was tired from his party the night before and he wanted to take a nap as well. Totally worked for me! I didn't get to go to the games yesterday due to a shower for Melissa and Rory, which was a lot of fun. Rory was very entertaining! Ashton's team won the first game and played for the championship game at 4:30. Bo said the crowd was very rude and heckled the kids a lot. I think they must have really gotten into Ashton's head according to Bo. He was shooting a free throw and missed the first one completely and the crowd laughed at him. The next shot was nothing but net and I think Ashton gave them a look to remember. I'm really glad I wasn't there. In all the years my boys have played sports, I have never been tossed out of a game, but yesterday might have been the first. Don't be messing with momma bear's cubs!!

TCAP monitoring this morning and thank GOD it's over. What a boring thing to do! After that I took off a huge load of recyclables and then went to golf lesson number 10 (only 2 to go) and now home for a quick change of clothes and off to Sylvan for the math tutoring that Brady doesn't need (lol). He is quick to tell me it's a waste of his time. I'm debating about taking the boys to the mall after tutoring since Brady needs some dress pants and a shirt for recital Friday. The poor child has nothing nice to wear since all he wears is t-shirts and jeans. I am not looking forward to shopping with him. He's a bit of a pain to shop with if it's not what he is wanting to look at. I think I will have to think on it some more before I decide if that is worth the hassle.

That about wraps up my exciting life for a few days. No adoption news. I keep looking at the little count down from LID and realizing that next week it will be 2 years. I'm really not looking forward to that milestone.

I read this verse last night and felt it really applied to me right now and I wanted to share it:
Psalms 28:1 Unto thee will I cry, O Lord my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. God isn't being silent to me, I guess sometimes I just am not listening like I should.

No comments: