Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hump Day

After a morning of golf lessons (picking up where I left off in the winter), I have decided you cannot be a good golfer if you never play or practice. Pretty cut and dry. I really did awful! Our sweet instructor, Mr. Jim, never complains or says anything negative. He always puts a positive spin on things. I managed to hit the ground and get mud in my face and eyes and he still was sweet about it - "You really left a divot then!" How positive is that? I really like learning to play and have no great aspirations except to be good enough to play with my friends and family without feeling like an idiot. No big deal there! Dede and I have another lesson next week and I have to admit I am looking forward to it. I did manage to hit a few good balls, but not many. I also have a feeling I am going to be sore tomorrow. After pushing Rory in the stroller yesterday up the monster hill and practicing golf for over an hour this morning, I think my shoulders are going to be screaming! It stinks to get old.

Still no referrals this morning. All signs still point to Jan. 9 as the date. I went to the funeral home this morning to visit a friend whose father died and several people asked me "when are you getting your little girl?" I hate that I have no answer to that question. "Who knows" is my response at this point. Everyone seems afraid to ask and several have said they don't want to upset me by asking. It doesn't upset me at all. It is what it is and asking me about it doesn't change a thing, so for anyone reading this, don't worry about asking me. I am okay with it. I will not melt into a flood of tears I promise:) and I am not carrying a weapon:) You are safe to approach that subject. Thanks for all the continued prayers and support.

No comments: