Tuesday, April 29, 2008

2 Years Later

2 years after our LID and some of the things that I have learned:

  • When God leads you to take a great big leap of faith, be prepared that the return on that investment may take a while.
  • I am more patient than I thought I was. Some days are much harder than others.
  • A few words in Chinese. (very few)
  • Fingerprints don't change after 2 years, but you can't convince the government of that. (We will be having ours taken for the third time soon - at a cost of $140 - AGAIN)
  • We have been waiting 17,520 hours for Emma.
  • I am older and I feel it.
  • Most people in the adoption community are very supportive. I have never read more blogs in my life!
  • I think that my boys will be wonderful big brothers to their sister. 2 years ago, I probably couldn't have said that.
  • When you love someone so much, even when you have never seen them except in your mind, you don't give up on them or the dream of having them home.
  • When people say things that are hurtful, even when they don't realize it, sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and accept that they don't get it. Other times, blast them.
  • I have a daughter and she has us. We will be together someday soon.
  • My favorite verse: Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart, wait I say on the Lord. Psalms 27:14
  • I am only human and God has a plan for us. Even though I know that, I don't always want to be reminded of that. Some days I just want to be sad and feel sorry for myself.
  • Gymboree. Need I say more.
  • Little girl clothes are so cute. Bows, ribbons, lace, smocking. Words that I have not used very often in my life.
  • Female great whales have only one calf every 2 years. So that means somewhere in the ocean, a whale calf is being born today and we still don't have our daughter:)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh, Mayme. It's so hard, isn't it? We are only at 16 months and I know there's likely twice that many more to go. At least we have our little diversion, but, again, we are sitting, waiting. I'm glad you have such a positive attitude about it. Some days, even that is hard. Big cyberhugs!!