Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A beautiful Spring day

This is the most beautiful day! The sun is bright and there is such a nice breeze. It even got better when I resolved the .3 cent error in my checkbook and got my checking account balanced. Now I realize that is a bit anal retentive, but I can admit to that. There was a time when I never balanced a checkbook, I just started a new account, but thanks to Internet banking, those days are over!

I managed to get a nice walk in this morning. I am so out of shape! Our little road is the greatest place to walk because of the hills. It's very challenging and there is no traffic to contend with. I really wanted to walk another round, but I didn't have the wind left in me! I've got to do better. I keep thinking about all the energy it will take to keep up with a little one and how I'm a lot older now! I have got to become more disciplined about taking care of myself. My biggest problem is that I love to cook and I love to eat! Food isn't the enemy, my lack of discipline is.

I have not gotten as much done this morning as I had planned. I was so behind on reading e-mails that I decided to get caught up. I read some great devotions, so that was a huge plus. I read a line from a book listed on one of my devotions: Trust that God allows certain circumstances to happen to you so that something good can happen IN you. I loved that. I know that God has the huge plan all worked out with all the I's dotted and the T's crossed, but I have a hard time understanding it all. So while I'm learning and waiting, I want this wait and all things that go along with it to produce a positive outcome in me. I want to have the right outlook and spirit about it all. I know that I can't be happy all the time and God knows that to, but I may be uplifting to someone else who may go through the same thing in the future. I want to be able to use my experience in a positive way. I'm not saying that on many days I will not be complaining about this wait, but hopefully I'm gaining more positives than negatives.

Another answer to prayer was that Brady and I found him a suit yesterday and it was on sale. Now the question is whether he is going to get to attend the dance. He had a day in ISS a few weeks ago over something silly, but he may not get to go because of that. I hope he does, especially since we found the suit. He looks cute in it! This is the child who never wears anything but jeans and t-shirts. Of course, Ashton wanted to buy a suit jacket to wear with his jeans. Now that kid has style!

No comments: