Thursday, April 16, 2009

You Know the ONE I'm Talking About

My daughter was the one today. You know the one that screams and cries for no apparent reason while you try to shop. She attempted to get out of the buggy and when I looked her in the eyes and told her no and sit down or else I will buckle you in snugly, she just laughed at me and made a noise as if to dare me. Well, she sat back down and I didn't have buckle her too snugly after that. But man, I hate it when everyone is looking at you like you are beating the kid or something. What, can they read my mind? I might be thinking about beating her but I would never do it, especially not in public! So I continued perusing the aisles of Target and picked up a few things including a new toilet brush because mine is disgusting and when you live in 3 story house with bathrooms on each floor, you really should own more than one toilet brush. Emma was enthralled with the toilet brush and the caddy that it was in. She played with it a for while and I know that people thought the child was deprived. Oh well, happy kid, happy mom.


Emma had an ENT follow up this morning and her tubes were clear. They wanted to do another hearing test, but realized that short of sedating her, it would be a worthless effort.


So, I'm off to attempt to study some more for ACLS which I am hopefully getting to take tomorrow. When the instructor called she told me she had an available spot tomorrow at 2 if I was interested then she told me that I would be taking it along with a Cardiologist but that I shouldn't be intimidated. Right. So say a prayer for me that I don't blow it. At least if I begin having anxiety that leads to chest pain, maybe he will come in handy.

No comments: