Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Emma made the most of her time at the ballgames. Playing with her tractor and eating lots of popcorn.

Ashton is listening so intently. He's probably thinking, "I wish my mom wouldn't take my picture right now."



"Yes sir Coach. I know Coach. I will do better Coach."

Spent weekend at ballgames. That about wraps it up.


Ashton had his first AAU tournaments this weekend, starting Friday night at 9 P.M. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? That is entirely too late for little boys to be playing ball, but what do I know? It's also entirely too late for little girls to have to travel 1.5 hours and stay awake for a ballgame and travel back, but she managed pretty well. I was hopeful that she would sleep in Saturday morning, but when I got home from work at 7:30 she was up and had been for a while. She and daddy had already been planting in the garden.


Saturday was also spent playing basketball. We had 2 games at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. at different places, so that was fun. Emma was able to catch a nap in between games while we were on the road. She held out really well, although she was a little cranky at the second game. Who could blame her?


Now to the important stuff. Ashton's team won all 3 games! He scored 4 points in each of the last 2 games and had several assists and rebounds (do I sound like ESPN or what). Most of all, he loved playing basketball! They only won by a few points in the Friday night game, but the last 2 games they won by a lot. Ashton is taller than me and then I see some of these other boys who are taller and bigger than Ashton. WOW. I can only be thankful that I am not feeding them.
We had church yesterday and then I spent the afternoon baking and making desserts. We had a dessert auction at church last night which is our youth group fundraiser. This helps send the kids to camp this summer and everyone has such a good time. It gets a little crazy and there are some signature desserts that bring in a lot of money. One coconut cake went for $130 and the dessert that I wanted the most (apples dumplings - yummy) went for $71 - yes I was outbid by my brother and then he didn't even offer me one. RAT. The sale raised over a $1,000 and that will help the kids out a lot.
We have another BUSY week ahead and today is the only day that I have to play catch up. I have a dentist and doctor's appointment this week, Emma has speech, the boys have haircuts, algebra boot camp, ball practice, a mandatory parent meeting at school, I am working a few extra hours, Esther study, and then the weekend rolls in with another AAU tournament and the band banquet. WHEW.. I'm already tired. I have really been letting all the business get to me and I am praying that this week I will handle it better. It just gets so crazy and it's hard to take it all in and just enjoy life. So, I'm praying that I have a better handle on things this week and I will see how that goes.
Have a great Monday.





2 comments:

Maria said...

I seriously don't have a CLUE How you do it with three kids. I'm CRAZY with two. Kevin will be at that mandatory meeting with Ellie tonight. Pray for him. :-) Josh wants to try out for BB. I think he'd like to do AAU sometime too, so I'll have to get with you on where that is and how to try-out (maybe next year). Oh, and I think it's a SHAME your brother didn't share!! Off to work.

T2Nashville said...

Hey - I know a few of those desserts that I would have spent BIG money for!