Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Is that the sweetest little mouth or what?

Emma is loving her new head rag thing that Melissa gave her. You can tell by my description that I am a fashion expert.



I know that it looks like we never have pictures of Ashton and Emma, but in all fairness he was gone all weekend.

I am so glad that last week is over with! I am finally feeling better and everyone else seems to be too. I passed ACLS, yeah, and don't have to worry about that for another 2 years. Now I am trying to make up for lost time with my cluttered, crazy house. I have done 8 loads of laundry this morning and still am not finished. I managed to clean out the refrigerator and I hope that I am not the only person who has condiments that are dated 20o7 in their refrigerator. If I am, then shame on me.
Emma has been so sweet and busy this morning. She made up for it in about 15 minutes when she had a melt down regarding lunch (I think). She wanted applesauce and that wasn't on the menu today, plus she had it for breakfast and I have suffered the consequences with 2 disgusting diapers this morning. Apparently, she wasn't pleased with the menu and hell hath no fury like a girl who doesn't get her way! She fell apart and it's so frustrating that she can't communicate with me in words. I will be so glad when she can talk and we can understand one another better. Don't get me wrong, she communicates. Oh, does she ever. I am just looking forward to the day that it will be with words and not whines and screams.
Our weekend was busy as usual, but it was nice as well. Ashton spent the weekend with a friend and Bo, Brady, and I went to see Aliens vs. Monsters Saturday evening and out to dinner. Emma stayed with the grandparents and it was really nice to have an evening out with just one child. It felt so weird. Brady seemed to really enjoy it as well and given that he is a 15 year old boy that actually seems to like his parents, I count myself blessed.
Yesterday was church and lunch at my mom's house to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. It was nice to be with one of my nephews and his girlfriend and everyone seemed to have a nice lunch. I took advantage of the afternoon and did my CVS and Walgreen's shopping and got some pretty good deals. I also enjoyed a little shopping at Belk and although I was looking for church clothes, I ended up with 4 pairs of Capri's, 3 shirts, and a pair of sandals. Everything was on sale!
Okay, so for my really good CVS deals here goes:
  • 2 boxes of General Mills cereal
  • 4 (6 packs) of Mott's Applesauce
  • 1 Crest Pro Health
  • 3 John Frieda hair products (shampoo, hairspray, straightening cream)
  • 60 count of Zyrtec
  • 60 count One a Day Men's Vitamins
  1. Total before coupons and without tax $68.20
  2. Total after coupons and ECB (with tax) $39.14
  3. ECB earned $21.00
  4. Total $18.14

I was very pleased, especially to get such a good deal on Zyrtec! Living in Tennessee we use a lot of it.

Walgreen's seems to never be as good a shopping experience as I would like for it to be. The cashier seemed to have a really hard time with my items and had to ring it up 3 times. Poor guy. He was also the manager so imagine my feeling of confidence in him. My best deal at Walgreen's was on Claritin which was on sale for $19.99 with a $5 register reward and I had a $7 coupon off. We are in good shape on antihistamines at our house for now!

  • Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Spray
  • Mitchum Deodorant
  • Edge Shaving Gel
  • 3 12 packs of drinks
  • 4 packages of paper plates
  • Claritin 30 count package
  • Nature's Source Natural Bathroom Cleaner (there's nothing natural about my boy's bathroom)

Before coupons my total was $49.47. After coupons and RR it was $32.43 and I received $15 in RR for my next shopping trip. Grand total for it all was $17.43. Also not too shabby.

Okay, so I'm a nerd and love to get good deals and see where I can save the most. The John Frieda deals at CVS were great. They were on sale for $5 and if you spent $15 you got a $5 ECB. I also had $6 in coupons making all three items cost $4. Pretty good deal.

Well, it's almost 1 p.m. and I am still in my p.j's. Yes, a vision of loveliness beyond all words. I am heading for the shower before Little Miss awakens and continues to hold out for more applesauce. We all know that she is stronger than me as evidenced by the bottle fiasco.

Have a great day!



4 comments:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Thanks for your note and I AM SO IMPRESSED. I keep saying I am going to do these deals, but now you have really inspired me. Do you just use the Sunday paper to figure it out or do you use one of those "coupon Momma" websites, if you don't mind me asking?

:) L

Wife of the Pres. said...

Is that Zyrtec deal still good??? Two of the five of us are on the stuff now!!! Ugh!!! You hit the nail on the head with the locations and allergies!

Melissa said...

You are so not the only one with very dated condiments in your fridge! I just cleaned mine out since my mom was visiting. LOL

Maria said...

So, I love the "do rag" (I'm also a fashionista!!). Too cute! I wanted you to feel better. I just threw away a MOLDED (ugh) banana that had gotten under something and was apparently missed. My house is a wreck. GREAT deals at CVS and Walgreens. I got some of the John Freida stuff too!