Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Deals, Deals, Deals - Oh, and Cute Hair

What can I say, she wanted me to do it. And she looks cute to boot:)

Walgreen's Deals for this week included these items:

Before coupons and Register Rewards, total was $52.48. After RR and coupons my out of pocket was a little more than I wanted it to be at 29.06 and I received $13 in RR, so basically my total was $16.06. Not too bad considering what I got. Best deal, free Ecotrin and I ended up with an overage because I had a coupon for it. Same thing for the Nivea body wash.


CVS deals this week were great. Well, that and I found several deodorants that were on clearance for $1.12 and $1.00 and I had $1 coupons on them!


Price before coupons and ECB $29.36. After coupons and ECB, my out of pocket cost for these items was $5.85 and I received $13 in ECB for my next trip. Great Deals!

So I spent my morning at the doctor's office for my yearly physical. I don't mind it except the whole blood thing. I don't like to have my blood drawn because I am a hard stick. Yes, I hear patients tell me all the time that they are hard sticks and it always drives me a little crazy so I just don't say anything until the phlebotomist starts looking and feeling and looking some more and then asks me "where do they get it from". Then I break the news to her. Oh well, she only had to stick me twice, but the second time was in the hand so that counts for more.
After the physical I decided to run my errands and do my CVS and Walgreens shopping. However the kicker was that Harris Teeter was having triple coupons again this week and I was in the neighborhood! Yippee. I love triple coupons. I got free egg noodles, rice, sour cream, and great deals on most everything else! I saved $73.20 in coupons and ended up spending $65. The reason that my total was higher than I really wanted it to be was because I had to buy some milk, chicken, and ground beef. I was pretty pleased with the overall amount of stuff that I got. If you have a Harris Teeter nearby, stock up before the good stuff is gone! I had a man ask me as I was checking out "Where do you get all your coupons?" I was pleased to share that I get most of them from the Sunday paper and also my mother's paper. I think I may have turned him on the the art of coupon clipping.
So that about wraps up my exciting morning. How was yours?

1 comment:

Wife of the Pres. said...

OK, I am so jealous!!! May the Li'l Miss and I come shopping with you one day? Just to watch? I have always thought myself a coupon master, but I am so intimidated by all of this stuff. What are EVS and C-whatever!?! Let's have a play date at the CVS!!!

Don't go to my blog today; it is a depressing post sort of! Well not exactly as I do have some fun photos posted but I am mostly griping. :)