Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Negotiations Continue

Want to know how long a toddler can go without drinking anything? Well, stay tuned to find out. It has been 5 days now and she has probably had approximately 6 ounces to drink and that is with us dripping it into her mouth from a straw. She has taken a few sips from her cup, but not many. She is the most stubborn child I have ever seen. Before I get any comments about giving her the bottle back, I have talked with the Doctor and he says to hold out. She will drink. She continues to pee, although not as much. I am certain this child is trying to kill me. She knows that I am worried about her and she wants to see how long I can hold out. I will not be beaten. She will not win this battle and the bottle will remain a thing of the past. Don't get me wrong, I have certainly considered giving it back to her!

She is starting to walk independently, especially on the carpet. She is still a bit wobbly and reminds me of Otis from The Andy Griffith Show, but she is doing so well. She just lights up when she takes off and then she likes to stop in the middle and do some type of dance and hold her arms back like a plane. It's hilarious to watch. This girl is so determined. (Determined to put me in an early grave, did I mention that:)


Taking some steps.
She dug out this microphone from all of her toys Sunday night and started singing while the ACM awards were on.

These glasses are so smudged and dirty! Isn't that face adorable. She is so COOL.

Giving cousin Mike a big kiss.
Aunt Sissy spent the weekend with us and Emma was loving it. She kept walking back and forth from me to Aunt Sissy and anytime she wanted something she would go to Aunt Sissy and give her "the look".

Two of my favorite ladies in the world!
Okay, so this purse is adorable. One of the sweet ladies at AC First Baptist sent her a dress, purse, and hair band with a pink bow on it. I will have to get some pictures of her with the dress on and post them soon. It was so sweet of her to think of Emma. Emma is loving this purse.

She refuses to pull the hat up off of her eyes where you can see her. And if she gets mad, she pulls the hat down even further so she doesn't have to look at me.



So we had a very busy, but nice weekend. As I mentioned, my Aunt Sissy spent the weekend with us and that was very nice. We had Homecoming at church and enjoyed it so much. It was nice to see people that we had not seen in such a long time and that meant so much to our family.
I am attempting to study for ACLS and will be SO glad when it's over. I am also fighting a cold and horrible sore throat, so my week isn't going as well as I had hoped. I just hope the kids and Bo don't get it.
Well, enough for today. I just put her highness down for her nap and I need to try to study some more while I can. Have a good day!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh. Girl, you have nerves of steel. I would have lost the battle already. I lose battles at my house every day. I need to hire Super Nanny. I am rooting for you. Win on for all us wimp mamas ok!! Praying for you!!