Thursday, April 9, 2009

Living in a Haze

So the last 48 hours have been a haze for me. Drug induced haze. Cold medicine of all types have been in my system. I began feeling bad over the weekend, but then it got a little better and then Tuesday it started getting worse. By Tuesday night I was out of it. I cannot say for a fact that I have had the flu, but it certainly has felt like it. I am beginning to feel slightly better, but still have some fever and a horrible cough. Needless to say, I missed the ACLS class and will have to make that up.


Emma still refuses to drink from a cup and I have almost given in. It would be so much easier, but it's been a week now and I don't want to confuse her and let her have it back. I would never have guessed that she would hold out this long. This girl is something else!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry you're still sick. Hopefully you'll be on the mend soon!

Don't give up!

Anonymous said...

Is she refusing a "sippy cup" or regular cup. Maybe someone else using the sippy cup and just let her see it done? Monkey see Monkey do. Might just let her play with the sippy cup. I suppose I would try anything , too!
Hope you feel better soon.

Maria said...

Ellie is REALLY fond of the sippy cups with "handles" sticking out on the sides that she can hold herself. We have to "help" tilt her head back (she doesn't get that, yet). We've gotten several kinds with different types of "suckers" (what would the right word for that be???) and she's fine with all of them as long as they have handles. She LOVES straws and can drink from that too, so that's a thought. Good luck. I'm sorry you've been feeling so poorly. Hope you are feeling better.

Amy said...

Hope you feel better in time to enjoy Easter!