Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Easter at my in-laws. It's almost impossible to get a good picture of my boys. They are so goofy.

Emma was loving the egg hunt with Giggee.

Camden, Emma, and Rory at the egg hunt after church. Are they just the cutest kids or what!

A rare photo of Bo and me together.
Emma needed very little help with the egg hunting. She would walk up to the egg and hold out her basket for me to put the egg in. She held on to her basket for dear life and didn't want anyone to get anything out of it.

The Easter Bunny left Brady a basket too. Ashton took his and ran, so there is no photo of him getting a basket.

Emma loved her wheel barrow.

Candy! Okay, so she had a few M&M's for breakfast. It was her first Easter, what can I say!

Jackpot!


She literally sleeps with this head band!
We has a good Easter and enjoyed Church, an egg hunt, and time with Bo's family.
I am slowly feeling better. I am still coughing way too much and hope that will end soon. So far the kids and Bo are okay. Ashton has a cough, but otherwise is okay.
So as I admitted in the last post, I caved. My girl got her bottle back and I really don't care at this point. She was thirsty, her urine output as decreased, and I think we may have been facing a bladder infection. After much deliberation and driving my friends crazy talking about it while I was at work Friday night, I decided to let her have it back. It really came down to a co-worker (Francis) saying something that made me feel better. She said that whatever I decided would be the right thing because I am her mother and I know her best. She was right. I feel better and Emma is drinking again. She will not take the bottle forever and it's not like she sucks one all day. She takes one in the morning and at night and I am constantly offering the cup to her. I plan on slowly increasing the size of the nipple and see if that makes a difference for her. If she can't suck it then maybe she won't want it. I don't know and at this point, I don't really care. I can't tell you how much I have fretted over the whole thing and I am sick of worrying about it!
Okay, so if you have not seen the movie Marley and Me, you should. If you are dog lover then it's a must see. Be prepared to have a box of tissues nearby. It's so much more than a dog movie though and it really makes you think about your own mortality.
Well, enough for today. I am hoping that this week is much more productive than last week. Emma has a follow up appointment on her ears and I have a dental appointment. I hate to go to the dentist. It's a fear that goes really deep! I still have to make up my missed ACLS class and attempt to get this house in some type of order. So another busy week ahead.
Have a great week!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Did you have her sweet little Asian looking fan dress made or did you find it somewhere? I am continually amazed at how much she and Ellie favor (to me, anyway) one another. Elizabeth (my travel partner to Kyrg who reads your blog every day too!!) and I were talking about sweet Emma and her bottle and we both agreed that she might just still NEED it some more and that you (and she) will know when it's time to give it up. Don't fret over it or beat yourself up over it. She (and you) will be fine!! Happy Easter (belated).

Wife of the Pres. said...

I love what your co-worker said. I have to admit that I didn't want to give my two cents but I WANTED S to take a bottle at 3. She won't but she does take a sippy with a nipple-like spout on it. And I love it. Her ped. doesn't like it nor does our family dentist, but then again they have never parented a child who was adopted and taken away from all they had ever known, no matter how dire the situation it was still "home" to them for however long they were there. What do they know anyway? Well they are professionals but they are not these babies' Mommas!!! :))

I don't know if you are reading over at our new blog or if you remember what happened on April 15 last year, but I'll never forget as long as I live. I posted about it over at our blog b/c we had agreed awhile back that it was OK to share. Hope what I wrote is OK. It is password-protected but I think I gave you the password? Let me know if I didn't or if you want me to edit it in any way.

Emma is adorable as ever and was just a doll in her Easter finery! Hope you get 100% well VERY SOON.

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures!! Hate I was not there Easter...looks like it was alot of fun......I agree that you have to do what is best for you and Emma on the bottle thing...you know her better than anyone else!!
Love ya,
Angel