Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday

My family - My cousin Dan, my cousin Euraline, my Aunt sissy, and my cousin Mike.

Kerry and Emma. She was all about seeing if he could move his mouth the way she does.

Emma and her Uncle Johnny.
Well, my Christmas gathering has come and gone and it was a lot of fun. I always enjoy having folks at my house. Everyone brought delicious dishes and we all ate way too much. Emma was very pleased to be the center of attention. She warmed up nicely to everyone and just seemed to enjoy the festivities.
Emma and I have shopped the last 2 days. We are trying to get the Christmas shopping done before the boys get out of school. I still have some to do but I have managed to accomplish a lot. Emma does such a great job in the stroller and the shopping cart. She just takes it all in. Today we took Dede out for her birthday. It was so nice to have some time out together. We had a lot of fun. We were checking out at Dillards and the sweetest young lady (who was obviously Chinese) looked at Emma and said "He look Chinese" (with a very heavy Chinese accent). I said "She is Chinese". She said "Ni Hao" to Emma. It was so sweet. She asked where Emma was from and her name. I had to clarify that Emma was a girl. I will be so glad when she has longer hair.
No big evening plans. I am trying to get Christmas cards written and do laundry. I have a doctor's apt. tomorrow which means no breakfast in the morning. I hate that. Mother will be keeping Emma tomorrow and I also know that the child will want for nothing. This little girl has her grandparents (on both sides) completely wrapped around her little finger.


1 comment:

Maria said...

Ms. Euralene was telling me all about her visit to Emma this past Sunday at church. She is obviously VERY enamored with your little princess, telling us about all the things she did while they were there.