Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Snoopy Dance Is In Order

Emma ate goldfish crackers! At least 8-10 of them and didn't gag and choke and act like a cat with a hairball. It's a first. We are battling an oral aversion with her and this was a major step in the right direction. Granted, she may not do it again for sometime, but you thank God for the little things.

We are surviving the weekend. The boys finished school yesterday with both of them having band concerts. Ashton performed yesterday morning and he did a great job on the various percussion instruments that he plays. Brady's concert was last night and they sounded wonderful. I was a bit miffed at him for getting the dress code wrong, but what else is new. At 4 p.m. he tells me that he needs to wear black pants (we have none) and a black shirt. He has to be there at 6 p.m. He ends up wearing black faded jeans, a black t-shirt turned backwards and a grey suit jacket. As we arrive at the school I notice all the boys in black pants, white dress shirts and red ties. Imagine my surprise when I find out that was what he was supposed to wear. Well, the story ends with him being the only guy on stage in all black. The girls wore black too, but he was the only guy. I wanted to kill him. If he fails band due to a dress code violation I will have to kill him.

I headed straight to work after the concert and work was a total pain last night. Very busy all night long. 7 a.m. couldn't come quick enough for me.

We had dinner at mother's tonight with Josh and Jessie (Dale's grandsons) and my brother and sister-in-law. It was really nice to be with everyone and we enjoyed all of the food. Emma was just performing for everyone!

So that wraps up the news of the last couple of days. Pretty boring! I am heading to bed and looking oh so forward to it. Tomorrow will be church, a Christmas program in the evening, eating after church, and attempting to finish some shopping if I am brave (or stupid) enough to head out.

2 comments:

Lindsey Carney said...

I totally thought of you while at the orphanage yesterday and I could've knocked out the caretaker who pushed Hudson's head about 2 inches from his bowl of soup, took my hands off the spoon and made him feed himself faster than anyone should ever eat! I said outlout, "okay, Linds., you will have him in just a few days so just deal with it for now." Jason totally agreed! THANKS!!

Cydil said...

I found you through Lindsey Carney's blog! I'm her friend who adopted 2 years ago from Albania. I have a lot of catching up to do in reading your blog, but our daughters seem to have brought many of the same 'issues' with them from the orphanage (our Ellie was also 18 mos old when we brought her home). Our speech therapist suggested Trix cereal (yeah, I know -- sugar and food coloring) as a means to help Els overcome her oral aversion start eating some solid food. It actually worked!
I look forward to reading more of your story!