Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday

Before I even say it, please don't take it the wrong way. I am THRILLED that I have a daughter and love her more than anything. Okay, that being said, it's impossible to get anything accomplished in a timely manner with a little one under your feet. It has taken me 2 days to finally get my bathrooms cleaned. I still haven't managed to mop them! She is so busy and curious! If she is this busy while crawling I can only imagine how busy she will be when she finally starts walking. She did manage to entertain herself for a few minutes this morning playing with her toys and watching Sesame Street. She isn't very interested in T.V. and I'm not complaining about that, but it would come in handy on occasion. So now that she is finally down for a nap I am going to mop, take a shower, vacuum the man cave, clean off my desk, and finish the laundry. By then it will be time to go get the boys from school and start the afternoon festivities. I'm not usually too uptight about the house (as evidenced by how it has been looking), but I am having approx. 25-30 people here Saturday night and I don't want it to be too messy.

Emma hasn't eaten too much today. She has issues with breakfast and usually only wants applesauce. She didn't eat much and then only ate a few bites for lunch. She is so funny when she fake cries and looks up at me. She squinches her eyes closed so that you can't even see them. Her other big deal is attempting to drink from the sippy cup. Still isn't interested but I have decided that we are going to take a sip after a few bites. She gets so angry! After forcing her to take a sip she just looks at me smiles. She's a stinker. We are having pasta for dinner tonight so that should make her happy. It appears that she loves any type of noodle. That's my girl.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I hear ya! It has nothing to do with how much you love her - it's all about needing to get some things done!

Maria said...

Oh girl, that's my biggest "gripe" around our house. I can't get ANYTHING done. Today I felt like a marathon woman because I washed dishes, vacuumed and ran several loads of clothes. I even got and gave Ellie a bath before we left for school. This was a GLORIOUS feeling. I won't mention I still need to mop (every room), dust, put up all the clothes I've folded, attempt to find more than a path in the office room, hang up clothes in Ellie's room, blah, blah, blah. It will get better, right????