Friday, March 21, 2008

There's No Place Like Home, Except Maybe Disney

Well, my little travelers have returned and I think Brady is glad to be home, but Ashton is still suffering from missing the "Happiest Celebration on Earth". He seems a little melancholy with his return and I remember feeling like that when I was a kid, so I'm not taking it personally. The McGowans drove all the way home yesterday because the weather was not so good in Orlando, so they decided to get a move on home. We met them at the High School gym and Ashton went straight to AAU basketball practice. He has his first game tonight at McGavock High and of course I will be working and unable to see it.

I guess we are all just tired today. When I woke up this morning, Ashton had evidently spent the night in my bed and I think Bo must be in Ashton's room. A bit unorganized this morning. Ashton instructed me to bring him some pancakes in bed and "chop chop". Well, needless to say I rushed right to it:) Yeah right!

I can't believe it's Easter weekend. It's so pretty out today, but I think it's going to be cold for Easter. I'm really ready for spring now. It's also hard to believe that my dad died 14 years ago Sunday (March 23). The time has gone by so fast, but that day is so vivid in my mind. It's weird how some things just stay with you. I remember how beautiful the day was that year. I actually had the windows open because it was so warm. It was Brady's first trip to the hospital to meet my coworkers and we had just gotten home when I found out my dad had been taken to the hospital. We just missed crossing paths. But as Forrest Gump would say, that's all I have to say about that.

I have not gotten very much done this week, but that's ok. I spent the day with Aunt Sissy on Wednesday and Miss Mary yesterday. I really enjoyed being with them both and I know they enjoyed the company. House work can wait.

Easter is such a special time. Of course we all love to see the little ones hunting Easter eggs and looking adorable in their Easter outfits, but for Christians it's about so much more. It's hard to even fathom the love that Christ had for us that he died a brutal death to save us. I often think about how much I love my children and how I would die for them, but they are people that I love. Christ died for people that are not easy to love. I have a hard time with that sometimes, but I am so thankful for it. I know I was one of those people who has been hard to love and I am so thankful he chose to die for me.

I hope everyone reading this blog has a very Blessed Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe Marcell has been gone for 14 years.He was a great man and my family loved him very much. We were fixin tobacco plantbeds that day when we got the news from Kay Thompson and we couldn't believe it. I know this time of the year is kinda hard but just remember he's in heaven and you will meet up with him one day.