Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Nothing Too Exciting

Okay, so nothing big happening here. Easter was nice. We had a good service at church and then had lunch with Bo's parents and sister. I was scolded by Ashton for the Easter Bunny oversight (as I suspected I would be.) He couldn't believe he didn't have a basket and only received one lowly chocolate bunny. I should be reported for this indiscretion.

I have spent the last 2 days feeling rather sorry for myself while we wait on our daughter. There is nothing more frustrating than being "stuck". That's where we are. Stuck in the process of waiting for China to move along and getting no where . I know that each day that passes brings us closer to Emma, but the wait just seems endless. I've been looking over all the adorable faces on an adoption website and that didn't help. It is truly amazing how many children are available for adoption. I would certainly do this all again, because I know that this is God's plan for our lives, and I would encourage anyone thinking about adoption to consider it prayerfully. There are so many children in this world who need loving families and so many families that have that love to give. Even with all the waiting we are faced with, I know it will be worth it. I just have those days when it's really hard and I guess the last few have been that way. So, enough of that!

Melissa and I went for a walk today. Poor thing, she's tired! Little Miss Rory had been awake since 4 a.m. and momma was feeling the pain. I remember those non-sleeping days with the boys. I'm sure it's even harder with a newly adopted child who can't be left with anyone else yet. (Attachment and bonding - a big adoption issue for those not familiar). Well, Rory was just as happy as she could be riding in the stroller, making noises and imitating us. Too cute! She seems to be doing well except for this whole schedule thing. It will come and Melissa can remind me of that when we bring our little dumpling home! I wonder if they make a combination stroller and wheelchair, at this rate Bo and I may need one!

No comments: