Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Swinging Clubs to help with Stress

I finally got to try out my new golf clubs that my husband gave me for Christmas and I love them. Of course, I didn't hit any better with those than with the old ones, but I really loved them. Hybrid clubs are the bomb. Thanks Dede for calling and saying lets go hit a bucket of balls. What great therapy right before you go to a meeting with your child's teachers:)

I had another chance encounter with an adoptive parent this afternoon. I'm calling these my God moments. I was talking with the ladies at the post office (while mailing e-bay items to raise money for our girl) and they were asking questions about the adoption and how much longer. I of course use my standard "who knows, they are waiting until I get really old" line and then I left the post office. While I was putting on my seat belt this man knocked on my window and I opened the door. He said "I know you don't know me, but I heard you talking in there and I just wanted to tell you that it will be worth the wait when you get your daughter." He then introduced me to his daughter who was adopted (not Chinese) and she was adorable. He said he just wanted me to know that the wait was worth it and he was so thankful for his beautiful girl. What a great God moment!

On another note, my boys are going to Disney World next week with Bo's parents. They are so excited (the boys:) I know they will all have a blast, but I am sort of jealous. I'm sure that I will think of something to do while they are gone!

No comments: