Sunday, March 23, 2008

So Many Dresses, No One to Dress

Anyone who knows me knows I love a good deal. I guess that's why there are at least 3 beautiful little "Easter" dresses in Ashton's closet. Poor kid, it's a good thing he so masculine with all those girl clothes in his closet:) But anyway, when you come across pretty spring dresses that would look adorable on your imaginary daughter, and they are marked down to $4, you have to buy them. Of course, now that they have been in the closet for 2 years, I'm wondering if they will ever be used! Maybe next year we will have a little girl to dress up in all those frills and lace. Otherwise, Ashton might need to get concerned. Someone in this house is going to wear those dresses and it might be him!

Ashton had his first games this weekend and was politely spanked in a couple of them. Well, I guess you would call 72-18 a spanking. He told me the boys on that team were huge! Bo said they looked like they were 16 years old, so I think I can understand the spanking. They played 4 games and lost 2, so at least they broke even.

I feel like a really rotten mom this morning. For the first time since my children were born, I did not fix them an Easter basket. Yes, I realize they are almost 12 and 14, but I still feel bad. I just ran out of time and they got home from Disney before I finished the shopping. They do have a chocolate bunny, but that's it. I'm sure they will live and hopefully not be scarred for life, but I do feel bad. I'm sure that I will get over it and I will try to make up for it next year.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It's gonna happen for you and Emma will get to wear all those dresses!

And you're not a bad mom for no Easter baskets. My kids are 1 and 4 and they don't have baskets either!