Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Daily Life

It's been few days since I posted due to working several extra shifts. I must be getting old because I'm just exhausted after working extras and messing with my sleep schedule. Friday night was the best night we've had in the ER in a long time. The snow and ice started around 5:15 and it really helped our night out. Only 2 pts. However, it melted on Saturday and then I paid dearly for that good night.

No new adoption news. I had received an e-mail from our agency yesterday stating thay had received 20 waiting child referrals (formerly called special needs) and they would be contacting people if there was a match. No call, as I suspected. It's understandable since we have not been on the Waiting Child list for very long, but it's still hard not to get your hopes up.

The boys have been pretty active. Due to Brady's loss of privileges, he's spending a lot of time wandering aimlessly. He is getting some reading in and playing his guitar. We get report cards tomorrow, so that should be loads of fun. Ashton never slows down, so you just have to try to keep up the pace. I often think what he would be like if I allowed him to drink caffeine. A constant whirlwind would best describe him I'm sure. He spent the night at a friend's house on Saturday for a big birthday party with his ball team. He was rated one of the top 3 for good behavior by the hosting parents, so that was good. I was told their was a little "ruckus" by a couple of the boys resulting in one of them hitting the other. When I asked Ashton what happened his reply was quick "boys will be boys mom". Too cute.

Tomorrow is my only day at home and from the looks of my house, it will take all day. It's a complete mess. That's another hazard of working extra shifts. Nothing seems to stay together. I really admire moms who work full time. I remember how hard it was as well. However, it's supposed to be really nice out and I would rather be playing golf than cleaning house.

Pretty boring read, so I guess I will call it quits. Not a lot of excitement in our lives right now and I guess that can be a good thing.

No comments: