Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Shopping - Not Very Successful

I spent the day shopping. I was literally the first customer in Target this morning. I needed to get some things for the baby shower we are having this weekend for Angel, so I got an early start. I then headed to Kohl's. I have only shopped there once or twice and that was for other people, so I wasn't sure if I would have any luck finding anything. Well, I did manage to get 2 tops, a purse, and a picture frame for $22. Not too bad. They had major clearance items, but it's a bit unorganized. I moved on to the mall and bought nothing. I don't know if I'm just getting old or what the deal is, but I can't find any clothes that I like. I really need some new things and I was determined to find some stuff today, but no luck. I just don't see anything that's cute out there and I am too tight to pay some of the prices. I guess I have gotten used to buying stuff at Good Will! I made a quick trip to Kroger, where I was hit up for money in the parking lot by some man whose "car was out of gas and he was 60 miles from home". It made me so uncomfortable to look up and have this man standing at my car door asking for money. Of course, I didn't give him any and had this guilty feeling of what would Jesus do. Then I went in and watched him drive off. Amazingly, he had gas. I told the cashier and they reported it to the manager, but he was gone when I left. On to Sams and then home to get the boys. That was my day. A whirlwind of excitement.

Brady is scheduled to go on a trip to Washington, DC at the end of May and he has decided he doesn't want to go. "None of my friends are going and I really didn't want to go anyway." What's up with that? As of now, we have paid several hundred on this trip and if we cancel we lose money. I have explained to my precious offspring that if he decides not to go, he has to pay the $350 that we lose. Of course, he's not too happy with that, but it seems pretty fair to me. He has until tomorrow to make his decision, so we'll see. Kids are so weird. Surely I wasn't that way:) Although I really am not very excited about going on a trip with 8th grade kids, I was looking forward to visiting Washington. I'm anxious to hear his decision!

No comments: