Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Date Night

OK, so maybe we are not the crazy fun couple we used to be, but I guess that comes with age. Bo and I went to dinner last night at Outback and then went Krogering. Yes, I know it sounds way too exciting, but we did have fun. Bo loves to see me using coupons and he was impressed last night when I got 4 tubes of toothpaste free, 2 bags of Romaine salad mix for .49 cents, 6 cans of free dog food, and came out saving almost $50 in coupons. Yes, in his eyes I'm some kind of frugal goddess:) Well, you have to impress where you can! Seriously, we did have fun. It's nice to have adult conversation and just enjoy each other's company.

One of Bo's friends at work, Carla, sent us $100 yesterday in an envelope labeled Emma McGowan adoption fund. It was so sweet and thoughtful of her. I was just so surprised and it really meant so much to me. I guess with the long wait it just feels like Emma isn't real to anyone yet, except us, and even I sometimes have a hard time with the concept. But she is real, whether she has been born yet or not. God has the most perfect little girl picked out for our family and I am thankful for that. This donation was such a blessing and will be used to bring her home. We are still several thousand off from what we need, but I know that God provides and we are not worrying about it. Bo has been selling a lot on eBay and we may try to have another yard sale in the spring. I just hate to have the "3rd annual Emma Adoption Sale". I never would have imagined it would take this long! I'm sure our repeat customers might think we are scamming them and there really isn't an Emma at all:)

I didn't hear from my travelers last night. I guess thay were partying to hard to call mom. I spoke with them Monday night while I was at work and Ashton informed me he wasn't missing me "a bit". I'm thinking that's his way of hiding his homesick feelings. Of course, I don't really believe that, but it makes me feel better! Brady informed me, in his very 14 year old masculine voice, that he did miss me. I'm sure he was just trying to make me feel better too!

No comments: