Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Aunt Pam and the birthday boy.

Giggee and Emma looking at Emma's Valentine goodies. She especially liked her animal crackers and Ashton was kind enough to eat all of her candy.

If Emma won't wear the crown, Aunt Pam will. Emma loved her puzzles that Aunt Pam gave her. The puzzles had all types of animals on them and when you remove the pieces the puzzle makes the sound of that animal.

Emma was such a lady about her cake. She would just stick her little finger in it and then lick her finger. Ashton wanted her to just dig in the cake but she wasn't interested in that. She'll learn!

I had prepared for a mess, but she was very neat about her cake.

I think the look on Ashton's face says it all. He was quite jealous of Brady's present. I think Brady was loving the revenge. Since Ashton got a cell phone for Christmas and Brady is still waiting on his Ashton has been a bit rude about it. Well, it was Brady's turn!

A lap top! Brady was thrilled with his present from Giggee and Pop. He hasn't let it out of his sight since he got it.

Notice the very cutting look on Emma's face. Also notice the crown on her head. Aunt Pam slipped it on her head while she was walking with Pop and couldn't do anything about it. This girl wasn't happy with her Aunt Pam.

Emma playing with her princess puzzle.

This crown was supposed to light up but unfortunately it didn't work. Aunt Pam wore it anyway in an attempt to persuade Emma to wear hers.
No Aunt Pam, I don't want to put it on my head. Thanks anyway.
Again I say, no Aunt Pam, I don't want to put it on my head.

Okay Aunt Pam, I will put it on my head.
Our weekend was busy with work, birthday celebrations, church, and more work.
Dede and I had a great night at work on Friday night but unfortunately we can't say the same thing about Sunday night.
We had an early birthday celebration for Brady and Emma at Giggee's and Pop's house on Saturday. We had a great meal and the kids enjoyed their presents. Brady was thrilled with his lap top and hasn't let it out of his sight for fear that Ashton might touch it. Emma was also happy with all of her goodies. She performed for everyone that night. She did all of her little cute moves to impress! The funniest thing she did involved my food. She was sitting in my lap after she finished eating and while I was talking and still trying to finish my meal, she leaned over my salad bowl and stared into it and we heard her make a spitting noise. Just completely out of the blue this child spit in my salad or at least pretended to. She then just looked up at us and laughed. I don't know where that one came from!
I can't believe it's already Tuesday and of course I am so behind. My house looks like a whirlwind came through it so today will be spent cleaning and picking up. I really hope to get a lot accomplished today because it's almost unlivable.
Well, I suppose that I don't have anymore exciting news, so it's off to get started. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I got to see you and Emma today. I couldn't believe she let me hold her for so long. She is the sweetest thing and quite the big girl now!! I know you are so glad she is strong and healthy. Yes, God does still answer prayer!! She just slipped right into your family and fits like a glove, just like we are grafted right into the vine of God's family she is grafted into yours as well. You are a blessing and a bright spot in my day anytime I get to see you!! See you soon.
Jenny