Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma





I always take pictures of my kids before they wake up on their birthdays. I don't know exactly why, but I do. Emma slept in this morning and I managed to get a shot of her before those little eyes popped open. She actually slept more than 12 hours! She had to get her shots yesterday and didn't get a very good nap and she was a BEAR last night. She went to bed about 7 p.m. and slept until 8 a.m. I heard her whine some during the night, but she slept great. I was surprised!
She had a good visit with Dr. H yesterday. She weighs 26 pounds and is 34.5 inches long. She has grown so much. Dr. H wants her weight to "level off" now. I think when she starts walking her weight will level off. She doesn't eat a lot of snacks and eats relatively healthy. He was a bit surprised when I told him she was still drinking from a bottle. I know she should be drinking from a cup but she hates it and refuses to make any effort to drink from it. I have told myself we have to work on that much harder now. She can do it, she just doesn't want to. She did have some fluid behind her right ear and now we are on Augmentin to clear that up. He is concerned about her hearing and as soon as we get a clear exam she has to go back to Vandy and get another hearing test. He also wants her to have a speech evaluation since she isn't talking yet. Of course why would she bother talking when she can point to something and make her Horseshack noise and get it. This kid has it figured out!
Our birthday party is tomorrow and we aren't sure who will get to come. It's looking like a major Asian Invasion with Emma, Rory, Camden, Ella and possibly Emi. I am looking so forward to seeing all these guys together. It should be a lot of fun. I just have to work tonight and then come home and get it all together. Ashton is going skiing with Daniel's church and I am praying he doesn't have any injuries. He has never skied before so that should be fun! Brady is going to go skating with Ryan's youth group and that has as much potential for injury as skiing does. If they are anything like their mom they have no coordination and should not be on wheels or skies.
I have had Emma's birth mother on my mind all morning. I'm sure that she has thought about her little girl over the last 24 hours more than she would normally. I can only imagine her thoughts and feelings and I hope that somehow she knows that her little one is safe and loved. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her.
Do you ever go into the Hollister or Abercrombie stores? If so then you understand that it almost takes your breath away because of all the cologne they spray on the clothes. Well, imagine if you will that my house smells a lot like that right now. Emma knocked over a full, new bottle of perfume from my bathroom counter and I cleaned it up with a towel and now my house smells like one of those stores. You can smell it outside because of the dryer vent! It's almost sickening. Did I mention that it was a NEW bottle of perfume that I had treated myself to?
Well, I am about to attempt to take a quick nap before little bit gets up. Bo has gone to run errands and will pick up the boys from school. As much as I wish he was working on Fridays from a financial stand point it is nice having him here to get the boys to and from school.
Have a great weekend and Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Edgar and Barbara said...

Hello McGowan family!!

Let me first say...HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!! I can't believe how much she has blossomed over the past 5 months. It's just so amazing! I love to look at her pictures and am just amazed and how much she has "plumped" up (in a good way, of course!). ; )

We are so glad to hear that all is well with you all. And we can't wait to see you all again (hope it's soon!).

Much love,
The Figueroa's
Edgar, Barbara & Crystina

Lindsey Carney said...

Happy Birthday to Emma! I was just talking about how cute she is with Mr. Hester at the mill. Hudson now weighs as much as she does, he may just fit in with the Head's and be a little "Big Boned" HA!

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful girl! We are thankful for your life dear Emma.
With love from
the California Landinos

Maria said...

OH MY GOODNESS -- I didn't know it was Emma's birthday or I would have sent a card or SOMETHING!!!! Happy birthday, dear sweet friend of ours! I am so thankful you have your family to celebrate this wonderful occasion with you. Blessings!!!