Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life's Little Lessons

Sometimes it just takes experience to learn your lesson. Take for instant the new lesson that I have learned. NEVER go Krogering on the first Wednesday of the month. Why you ask? That is Senior Day and they come out in droves. Don't get me wrong, I love older people. I have nothing but respect for them and believe the whole respect your elders theme. I don't however want to do my major grocery shopping on the same day they do theirs, especially with a toddler along. It took much longer because they block the aisle and might run you over. Seriously, when my mother suggested that I might not want to shop today because the old people move to slow and block the aisles, I should have believed her. I mean, let's face it, she's a senior too and understands this well. She moves fast for a senior though!

Life lesson number 2 for today. When your teenage son suggests that we go to the library because school was out early and he wants to get some books (yeah right, only wanted to use his new laptop) and you have a cranky toddler who hasn't had a real nap, it's not a good idea. She wasn't at all impressed with the library and while I was holding her hand and walking her, she fell and hit the book shelf and suffered a rather large bump on the head. I, being the in control nurse that I am, called work and spoke with my coworker to get reassurance that my kid didn't have a major head injury and might require a CT scan. Thanks Judy for your reassurance!

So, that sums of my day. I shopped with the Seniors, mistake number one. I let my daughter take an impressive lick to the head, in the LIBRARY of all places. She's such an angel and she is now sitting next to me going through the mail and has a slight smell coming from her, so I am off the change another diaper and I hope that my life lessons my help some other poor soul in need.

1 comment:

Always Pretty in Pink said...

:) I work at Kroger... Imagine having to help all those old people. I work in the bakery and they can never understand what I'm saying from behind the counter. Its horrible. :)

BTW, I found your blog from somelink I clicke on that says your blog is in the top 10 of Mount Juliet.