Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

No exciting, earth shattering news from our house. I suppose that is a good thing.

The weekend was the standard busy weekend for us. They boys had a friend over Friday night, I worked and was thrilled to come home Saturday morning and have no real plans. I slept for a few hours and then Bo and I stayed home that evening while the boys went skating with their friend and his family. Emma was so funny that night. She was very busy cooking with her dishes and reading and walking back and forth between me and Bo. She even watched The Outlaw Josey Wales with us. Now that is love. I'm talking about on my part, not hers. I actually laid on the love seat and watched a 1976 Western with my husband. I'm telling you, nothing says love like a Clint Eastwood movie on a Saturday night.

Yesterday we went to church and then I worked a middle shift. The guys visited with Bo's parents yesterday evening and that pretty much sums of the weekend. I know that you are on the edge of your seat with excitement.

Emma, mother and I took clothes to drop off for the consignment sale this morning. I didn't have that much, but the things I had were so nice. It killed me to sell some of the things that I had bought for Emma before we had her. I loved those little outfits and envisioned her wearing them. Oh well, she is just too big.

She was so cute when she woke up this morning. She hadn't seen me since yesterday morning since she was in bed when I came home last night. She had the sweetest little look on her face this morning when she woke up and saw me. Her hair was a mess and she was just looking at me like she was wondering where I had been. I love those moments. She has been so good today. Very playful and babbling. Bo and I were looking at her Gotcha Day video last night and it just amazes me to think how far she has come. So have we. That day wasn't exactly like I had dreamed about, but a day that I will never forget.

No comments: