Friday, January 2, 2009

It's Tea Time

Little Miss Cranky pants is still cranky but she did take some time out of her crankiness to play with her dishes yesterday. She was so cute pouring tea in her cup and looking in the tea pot and "drinking" her tea. She was just having so much fun and suddenly her alter ego erupted and she threw her cup across the room and slammed her tea pot down and started to pout and cry. I have no idea what caused this little moment, but my mother was here to witness it and was very surprised to see the sweet, perfect angel throw such a fit. I have seen several of those lately and I believe it has to do with her age. She may get frustrated at times because she has a hard time doing certain things, but I really think it has to do with the terrible twos fast approaching.

She was really not feeling well yesterday morning and after some extra sleep laying on mommas chest, she finally began to eat a little. She really hasn't eaten much at all in the last few days and I'm sure that has made her feel bad as well. She has developed a cough, but no fever. I am still just watching her and hoping that it is just a cold since she is on medicine already. I keep telling myself all the same things we tell patients, but admittedly, it's hard!

Our new year has started off slowly. The boys have had friends over for the last several nights and Bo has been busy working on different projects. I have not accomplished anything to speak of and probably won't until everyone goes back to school and work. I work tonight and am hoping for a good night. So that is about it for our house. Hope that yours is equally uneventful!

I'm not sure what she is looking for in her tea pot.

This is her pretend to take a drink face. She makes the cutest sounds to go with it.

Moments before the melt down.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

The pictures are SO cute! Maybe when they're older Rory and Emma can have a tea party together. You know, after they like each other again.