Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Disappointing Saturday

After all of the excitement of thinking we were about to have fast Internet, I was very let down after I woke up yesterday. Charter didn't show up and when Bo called they said they were not scheduled to be here until Thursday. Well Thursday is when they are supposed to take care of the phone service change and yesterday was supposed to be the Internet. I was very disappointed, but what do you do! So now Thursday is the new plan. They had better show!

To top off the day of disappointment, the Titans lost to the Ravens and there went all hopes of the Super Bowl. That game was riddled with mistakes! Oh well, there is always next year!

Emma has become a moocher. She wants everything that is on your plate. She just opens up her mouth like a bird and waits for you to give her something. She has already eaten 2 scrambled eggs this morning and is currently mooching biscuits off anyone who will fall for her charm. This girl has become a little piglet! She is certainly feeling better, but still has a runny nose and her chest is still congested. No church for her today. I think Bo will stay home with her today and I will take the boys to church.

Emma received a nice surprise on Thursday and I am just now getting it posted. She got a gift from a sweet lady that I worked with years ago (I mean over 20 years ago)! I have just kept in touch with her by Christmas cards each year and this year she sent me her phone number and I called her and we got caught up. It was so nice and I enjoyed talking to her so much. Imagine the surprise when she sent Emma a gift (an adorable outfit). It was just one of those moments when you can't believe how thoughtful people can be!

I hope everyone has a good Sunday!

1 comment:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Yeah, I was bummed about the Titans too. Oh well. Always next year.

I know what you mean about the mooching. S can have the SAME stuff on her plate but she'd rather have it off my plate, her brothers, or Daddy. She also LOVES scrambled eggs and just about any food.

Is there a certain day that is better for you than others? Like for a lunch date? Somewhere in between here and there that the girls would like? Any suggestions? :)