Thursday, January 22, 2009

High Speed, Take 3

What's that pop song "Never gonna get it, Never gonna get it..." I am living that. Charter guy shows up today and it is decided that there will have to be a cable run, a hole drilled, a wire here, a wire there, do you want us to do this today or that today or what? Next plan, people come and spray paint the yard, people come to dig and bury cable, people come to actually install high speed stuff. Who knew that high speed would be such a pain. So the next day that belongs to high speed is February 5. This is only slightly becoming a pain in my......side.

Emma is currently entertaining herself with a box from Walgreen's that pictures came in. Who knew? She is fascinated that she can stick her hands all the way through the box and come out on the other side. She is also putting her goldfish crackers in the box and letting them come out the other side, all the while with one shoe on and one shoe off. Very busy girl.

I AM SO EXCITED. I am using my Christmas money stash that I have saved to have a facial tonight with my favorite facial guru, Jenny. She is the best and I am so excited. I am also getting a brow and lip wax, so Bo should be excited too. What a treat! I have found that since having Emma I don't pay a lot of attention to my upkeep. I just don't have time and I have been feeling very unkept lately. I would literally stay in sweats or yoga pants all day and never put on makeup. I really need to work on that, but let's face it, who has the energy! Jenny will have her hands full tonight!

I can't believe the weekend is fast approaching. Bo continues to be off on Fridays and we don't know for how long. Bo and the kids are going to the circus on Friday night with a group from church. I have to work, but I would love to see Emma's expressions as she sees all the different acts. On Saturday night we are attending a Chinese New Year celebration with the FCC and I am really looking forward to that. We will get a chance to meet other adoptive families and I am really excited!

Well, the box has lost its charm and Emma is getting really cranky. Gotta run!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahhhh! I was checking in to see if you'd gotten it yet. I promise it will be worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to come and get pampered. You deserve it!!
I hope you enjoyed your facial as much as I enjoyed catching up with you and taking care of your already beautiful skin!! I hope you can get back to see me soon. I always look forward to my day more when I know Mayme's coming to see me!! God bless.
P.s. Don't know about the "guru" part, but thanks for the free advertisement!!;)