Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday - Why Can't Things Simple

Customer Service. Is that a thing of the past or what? For the last 2 days I have been trying to contact the Homeland Security Citizenship and Immigration Service. Has anyone answered the phone? Yes, a recorded voice of a man that says leave a message and they will contact me. Has that happened? Of course not. The reason that I am having to contact them is due partly to a mistake that I made when sending the fee to be fingerprinted again for the THIRD time since we started the adoption process. Of course, the last 2 times the fee was $140. That's what I sent this time and now the fee is $160. After realizing that I had made the mistake, I sent another $20 money order and of course on that same day I received the original money order and the paperwork back in the mail telling me that I needed to pay the right amount. So instead of some person calling me and inquiring about this, they just sent it all back to me. Now I guess I need to wait on the other money order to get sent back to me and then resend it all again. And I ask you, have our fingerprints changed in the last 2 1/2 years? What really irritates me is that my tax money is used to pay their salaries and nobody even bothers to call you back or correspond in any way. That drives me crazy.

Next customer service complaint. I had to make a trip to Springfield today for Ashton to have a follow up with the eye doctor. (Receptionist person, no comment.) Our plan was to make a quick trip to Walgreen's to have his passport picture taken. Of course, Walgreen's tells me it will be over an hour. But wait a minute, your sign says "wait free passport pictures". Never mind false advertising. Walgreen's graciously tells me that I can go to Walmart and they will do it because they have 4 printers and can get it done fast. Okay, trip to Walmart begins (everyone knows how I hate Walmart). Stop at the photo store in Walmart and after calling someone on the phone and getting the camera out, the helpful employee tells me it isn't working and they can't take the picture for me. I pointed out that perhaps she should take down the passport photo sign that is hanging in the entrance of the store. Next trip, CVS pharmacy. Nice lady, very helpful, computer doesn't work and it will be at least an hour before it's up again. I just smile and tell her never mind, tuck my tail and head for home, incredibly put out with the system. So now, I will attempt to get that done next week, along with the million other things on the list. And as my husband would say, "are you whining".

Our bathrooms are almost finished. The boy's bathroom is finished and the tile looks good. Hopefully ours will be finished tomorrow. It's amazing how it throws off your system to have to go to another bathroom to shower and dress.

I hadn't mentioned the boys camp experience with everything else that is going on. They had a blast and Ashton can't stop talking about it and how much he misses it and wants to go back. Almost to the point of driving me insane. Brady had a lot of fun too, but doesn't seem to be as enthralled as Ashton. When I picked them up on Friday they were tired and stinky. Ashton came home and crashed in my bed. I wanted to share his adorable face with everyone during his post camp nap. Not a pretty sight.

Camden spent a few hours with us yesterday while Brian and Melissa took Rory to the doctor. Camden and Ashton had a blast playing video games and hanging out. I took Brady to Sylvan and the boys and I had a couple of hours to waste. We went to TCBY for frozen yogurt and Camden was thrilled. He had a cone with gummy bears on it and was so cute eating. He got down to the last bite and looked at me so seriously and said "This is our little secret". I agreed, but of course I had to tell his mom. Too funny.

During our time kill while Brady was at Sylvan, we also went to the library. They were having some type of program for the little ones and there were kids everywhere. As I sat with Camden in the children's section of the library and looked around at all of these kids running wild and playing and laughing, I almost felt overwhelmed. Bo called during that time and I told him I wasn't sure if I was up to the toddler, preschool years again and he just laughed. I guess you just fall back into that routine. I hope so:)

It's day 10 waiting on our preapproval from China. I am hoping we hear something this week. Keep praying!

No comments: