Saturday, June 14, 2008

Prayer - What Else Can I Say!!!!!!

Okay, this will have to be a brief post because I am suffering from pure exhaustion, adrenaline overload, brain freeze, you name it! We have gotten our call and we have accepted a shared referral! WE HAVE A DAUGHTER!! Well, we have to cross all the T's and dot all of the I's and get the paperwork done, but as far as we are concerned, she will be ours. I can't post any pictures yet and as soon as I'm allowed, I will put them on and let you see what a sweetie she is. She has a relatively extensive, but very doable special need that we fill like we can handle. I will share more of that later when I figure out what I'm allowed to share.

I worked Thursday night and got the call yesterday while I was trying to sleep. Needless to say, that was over with. I have had 4 hours sleep in 2 days, so I'm pretty worthless, but I just wanted to share our wonderful news with our blog family. God has answered our prayers, and has done so in a mighty big way. NEVER underestimate what He can do. I have certainly seen that in full form in the last 24 hours. We "cranked" up our praying last week asking him to provide us a referral before the end of this month and HELLO! I wasn't thinking end of the week, but that just goes to show you who is in control.

She is precious and we are slowly starting to fall even more in love with her. We are not blind to the fact that we will face some obstacles, and she has some difficult days ahead of her, but I know that God has it all under control. I have never been more sure of anything and have never had my faith reaffirmed more than I have in the last few hours. I can't wait to share it all with everyone. Truly, God is good All the time, ALL the time God is good. We covet your prayers for the days ahead while we work on paperwork, look at our financial situation and prepare our lives and home for our newest addition. Above all, pray for her as she waits for her new family to come and bring her home. We love her and are more than thankful for what God has done for our family.

2 comments:

Chris said...

congratulations on Emma's referral! I cannot believe how long you have waited and God will certainly reward you!
I know Melissa Lewis via an online adoption group and saw your news on her blog. Just wanted to send you my best wishes from Minnesota. :)

Anonymous said...

God does answer prayer! We are very excited for you and will pray for God's direction in every way in the coming days. Please keep us posted!

Bro. Danny & Mrs. Kay