Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday - No Day of Rest Here

Well, I worked Friday and Saturday nights and I have to work again tonight. I have tried really hard to sleep today, but it has been one of those days when my brain just refuses to shut off and let me rest. All I can think about is how much we have to do in the next few weeks. The list just keeps growing and it's driving me crazy thinking about it. I'm trying to work as many extra shifts as possible because we certainly need the money, we have to have our stupid fingerprints done AGAIN, we have to refinish our basement, which means we have to be able to get to our basement. Bo and the boys worked yesterday cleaning it out and trying to purge some of the junk we have, but we still have too much stuff. We have to complete a nursery for little sister, which means I need to concentrate on how I want it decorated. I am no decorator. I don't like the pressure it makes me feel. I'm strictly cut and dry. I mean I have no curtains or pictures in my living room because I have been thinking about what I want ever since we had it painted. That was at least 4 years ago. Are you seeing a trend here? I am. I have to start thinking about the packing list for 4 people (if Ashton goes) to spend 2 weeks in China. Oops, make that 5, because I have to pack for little sister too. We have a family reunion on July 3-4 that I have to help plan things for as well as work the night of the 4th and then we are going on vacation the following week. Now that is what I'm looking forward to. A week at the beach with a good book or 2, which will probably be about toddler attachment and bonding. I feel guilty if I attempt to read anything else. Oh, and we are having tile put in both of our upstairs bathrooms this week. After 15 years at a house, the bathroom floors can become an issue. So you see, I'm having a little anxiety. I don't want to be too stressed about things because that only takes me away from enjoying the fact that I am finally getting my daughter. Oh, wait a minute, that has some stress involved with that too. I'm starting over again. I will be almost 41 by the time little sister gets here and that has some stress involved with that too! Well, that may be more about hormones that anything else:) I keep telling myself, age is just a number. Yeah, right:) So please pray for me as I try to concentrate on the important things right now, such as keeping my sanity and not driving my family and friends insane.

Adoption update: check out my friend Maria's blog and read her good news. It's looking like a happy ending after all! Keep them in your prayers as well.

Well, I have to cut it short. I have to drink a lot of coffee so I can be prepared for my 12 hour shift in the ER. Sunday nights can be challenging and after being there the last 2 nights, I tend to be a bit crabby. I fake it it well, but I'm still crabby.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Mayme, you are just a child at 40. I turned 48 last Friday. Now, I really AM old!

amorisa said...

You really do have a lot on your plate. I'll pray that you get some time to breathe on your vacation.