Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday

I'm having a hard time coming up with titles for my post. Pretty boring to put the day of the week, but that's all I've got.

We survived the weekend and yesterday Brady went to Sylvan and then we spent time at the library. My boys love the library and this is a new one for them. They spent over an hour just browsing and were very happy when we left. They were a joy to be with yesterday and there aren't may days I get to say that. Most days they argue A LOT, but yesterday they seemed to get along well. They are supposed to play golf this morning, so the arguing may increase today.

We had such a good church service Sunday night. Our revival services were coming to a close and this service was very moving. The visiting preacher suffered a huge tragedy in December 2006 with the loss of a grandson to an accidental shooting. He spoke about grief and the things he learned during the tragedy and the time since. It was so moving that all I could do was sit there and cry. He had several points and I wanted to share them.

  • God doesn't always explain himself to us. He tells us to trust him even when we don't understand. (He never explained things to Job).
  • Kindness and compassion of people who love God and hurt with you are so important.
  • Incredible providence of God.
  • Grace of God is available and supplied at the right moment. (God doing for you what you can't do for yourself.)
  • God can take a tragedy and turn it into a triumph.
  • If tragedy can happen to a man like Job, it can happen to anybody.
  • Do Not presume on tomorrow. No one knows what tomorrow holds.
  • Express love to your family and friends WHILE you CAN.
  • There is a resource of help beyond human means.
  • Sometimes the right thing to say to someone who is hurting is nothing at all.

I found this message to be so uplifting. I can't imagine the death of one of my children. Would I be able to trust God? That would be a hard one I'm sure and I hope that I am never faced with it. I have thought so much about the post on Bring the Rain where she points out, you either trust him or you don't. I want to trust him and feel like I do most of the time, but as humans we all face those doubts and question why. I try to think about the phrase "God is good all the time, all the time God is good." Even when we don't understand. I am thankful for such a loving father.

I am off to go for an early morning walk with Melissa. She and I walked yesterday as well and I enjoyed it. Of course, I would rather be sleeping in!

Referrals came yesterday. I don't know the cut off from the CCAA, but it included one of our groups. Our next LID group is Jan. 25, 2006. We are 14 groups away for NSN adoption. I am praying that we get a call this month for a referral. I am asking God specifically about this and I am trusting him with the answer, even if I don't like it.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Your title for this post could have been "For Maria" as it was SO TRUE for my life right now. I am continually amazed by God's love for us through others at this time. Every bullet point you posted was absolute truth. Thanks for sharing it. I hope your referral comes VERY VERY quickly -- you deserve it! :-)