Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Bunny, A Bracelet, and Lots of Prayers

Okay, amazing how a bunny and a bracelet can make you feel better. Of course, it really wasn't either of those things, but the sweet sentiment behind them and the prayers that I have been feeling since my last post. Is Satan still after me? Well, of course. That's an ongoing battle, but I have felt the prayers of my friends and family and I'm sure people that I will never know and it has been very comforting. Please continue to pray as often as you think about it for us and Emma. I am still haunted with thoughts that I just can't get out of my head, but it has been better in the last 24 hours.

A friend of mine gave Emma this adorable bunny Friday night and also gave me a bracelet that came at just the right time. "with God, all things are possible" was the wording on the bracelet and boy was it ever the time to get that. God knows what he's doing and even in the little things, I'm reminded how much he loves me. So thank you Shelly, for the bunny, the bracelet, and above all, the prayers.

We went to a family reunion last night at Bo's aunt's house and everyone seemed to have a good time. The boys swam and enjoyed the antics of little cousins that aggravated them a lot. The funny thing is, usually it's Ashton who is the youngest and most aggravating, but last night he got his just reward. It was funny to watch! I felt like it was payback for all the times he annoys us in the pool. Last night he was on the receiving end:)

I am going to try to make a final decision on crib bedding today. I found the cutest bedding on Baby Age that I really liked called Clothes Line by Kids Line. Really cute and simple. I may actually make a final decision on something! Very impressive for me. I've also been looking at diaper bags at Etsy. Of course, I'm having a hard time deciding on that. There are just too many cute choices.

Bo is on vacation for the next 2 weeks. Of course, this week he will be so busy around the house that it won't feel much like a vacation. He was able to get a lot done in the basement yesterday. If we can ever get things cleaned out, then we can get a handle on the actual building project. After 20 years of marriage and 2 kids, you just end up with a lot of stuff and it seems to collect in the basement and the attic. We are also planning on taking Ashton to apply for his passport tomorrow and then we have to get our Hepatitis A vaccines this week. I am working tomorrow and then we have our other family reunion on the 3rd and 4th. A busy week, but it's just one step closer to getting little sister home.

I wasn't able to sleep very well and was up this morning at 4:30. I really like that time of morning when I'm the only one up and the house is quiet except for the hum of the dryer (constantly going). It was nice to spend some quiet time with my Bible and a cup of coffee. I think God really blesses those moments and I come away feeling refreshed. It's really my favorite time of the day.

Prayer requests for the week: Emma, that she is being loved and cared for and that she has no other health problems that we are not aware of. Bo, as he tries to get a lot done in the days he has off. Our family as a whole as we prepare our hearts for her and the changes that are ahead. Our paperwork issues! And above all, keep Satan away from our family and Don't allow those doubts to arise in my head!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone, the what if's can be VERY overwhelming. We are another AWAA family, accepted a referral for a little boy almost the same day you did with almost the exact need. I spent my fair share of time stuck in paralyzing, nauseating fear. Satan flooded my mind with all the things our little boy would never do - I cried, I prayed, I doubted (only momentarily) our decision and I cried some more. The reality and I know you know this, God chose these precious children for us, He created them exactly as they are and has an incredible plan for their lives! I could not believe how similar our stories are How God used people/songs to show us the answers, how the blog Bring the Rain is one of my favs and encourages me to really dig into my faith and desire to make it real. I will be praying for you, your sweet little girl and your family. Who knows we may even travel together!

Heather