Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday - Still Trying to Take it All in

I can't believe it's already Wednesday. With everything that has been going on over the last few days, this week is flying by. We are enjoying having some quiet time with the kids gone. I miss them, but I know they are having so much fun, that just makes it easier for me. I "worked" yesterday. I had been roped into attending some type of class regarding managing, running a lean ER, etc. It was basically a class to teach us to clean and consolidate our materials, space, etc. I saw it as an opportunity to get paid for cleaning. I get to do it again today. Now if someone would just pay me to clean my house, maybe I would be more enthusiastic about it.

I think everything is slowly starting to sink in. Our paperwork has been sent and now the next step is to wait for a pre-approval from China and then a referral acceptance. I am not sure of the time frame for all of this, but with the current trends, it could move relatively quickly since we have been waiting so long. There is no real knowing when it comes to this. We have to get our fingerprints renewed and I am waiting on that paperwork and we have to get Ashton's passport. I can't believe I didn't have that done already. I knew he would change his mind about traveling. Although he hasn't said it for sure, he is certainly leaning in that direction. Even though there will be some drawbacks to having both kids with us as well as a baby/toddler, I want them to experience it all. They have waited for 2 years and heard about adoption until they have probably wanted to scream and now that it's finally happening, I don't want either of them to miss out on it. I am certain it will be during school and I hate for them to miss 2 weeks of school, but what a field trip. I think 2 weeks in China will teach them more about life than sitting in a classroom. Now, will we ever get the work caught up, I don't know!

It was exciting to share our good news and her little face with my work family yesterday. They have shared our wait with us and it was wonderful to get to rejoice with them. I have been blessed to work at a small hospital where it really does feel like family. It's also such a joy to get to share how God has worked this out for us. Most of the people I was working with yesterday in this class I had never met before and don't know what their feelings are about God, but they certainly know mine. They probably didn't want to know, but it is one of those "shout it from the roof top moments" in our lives and I want to make sure everyone knows about how God has blessed us and answered prayers. I hope that I can use this, along with other areas in my life, to witness to people. You never know when you might strike a cord with someone and God will use that.

Well, it's off to clean and rearrange on the clock. Again, if Bo would pay me to clean our house it would just be much easier to do:) Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments: