Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday

I have literally spent my week driving the kids to and from places. It has been a very busy week and although next week looks a bit hectic, it's nothing compared to this week. Ashton has his final basketball camp this afternoon at Austin Peay. He has been a very tired boy this week with 2 basketball camps each day. This has been the only morning he has been able to sleep in and he's still sleeping.

Brady made the golf team! He was very excited about that. I think that will be a huge boost for my boy who will be starting high school soon. He had Sylvan again yesterday and has to go 2 days next week to makeup for lost time. He is still very excited about it (she says sarcastically). I don't even respond to his complaining anymore. I'm hoping when he starts Algebra in the fall he will fall on his knees and thank me for this. I don't anticipate that happening, but one can dream.

Our weekend looks fairly busy, but there is nothing new about that. I have to work tonight and again on Sunday (day shift). I don't really like working days, but I will be working with my good friend BRENDA. (I told you I would mention your name Brenda!) We also have revival at church, so I have to prepare dessert for tonight and then we will attend tomorrow night. Before I blink, the weekend will be gone.

Please pray for my friend Maria. Their referral has not worked out and this baby needs all of our prayers. Maria and her family had to make a hard decision and I respect them for that. I know they would covet our prayers for their family and this baby girl. Life is so hard sometimes and I am so glad we have a GOD that lets us lean on him. He understands when we are angry, hurt, sad. He created us with all of those emotions and he isn't afraid for us to express them.

Psalms 116: 1 and 2 I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

No comments: