Friday, October 3, 2008

Week in Review

Okay, so I'm falling down on the job of blogging. It's hard to find the time and I hate having such a slow process of uploading pictures which is why there are so few. I have some great ones coming of Emma holding a serving spoon and an ink pen. She is really doing well using her hands and gripping what she wants. It's amazing! She just wraps her little pinkie around it and holds on.

Other Emma firsts for the week include her finally falling asleep in the car seat twice this week. She went shopping with Camden and Rory and did great! Camden was such a helper with her yesterday and she loved it. She sat on the grass while at Ashton's tennis match and she wasn't too sure about it. She didn't like it touching her legs! Such a girl. Things that remain on the "to do" list: eating food!! Driving me crazy. I think she is doing it on purpose:) Again, such a girl.

She had her screening by the TEIS this morning and they will be doing further evaluation in the next few weeks. She certainly qualifies for P.T. and O.T. and I think it will be very beneficial. She seems to have a very independent way about her! I love watching her grow and the things she is learning everyday.

October 1st was not a good day around here. It was amazing to me that it had been a month since Gotcha Day. I can't believe that. Our church family received horrible news that one of our teens was diagnosed with Leukemia. It was such a blow for all of us and we are all hurting for him and his family. They are such a precious family and Christian is an amazing kid. He started chemo yesterday and will have a long term treatment plan. Please pray for this family. They are the greatest people and have so much on them right now.

Brady and Ashton have been taking Christian's diagnosis pretty hard. There were a lot of questions from Ashton that evening and again this morning we discussed it. They boys just can't understand why God has allowed Christian to have cancer and I have tried to explain to them that God isn't "picking" on Christian. Brady surprised me with a statement that brought tears to my eyes. He said "maybe God let Christian have cancer because he knows he can handle it." Christian is a young man with a very strong faith and I commented to the boys that you don't have to be old to get sick and have serious health issues and that the important thing is to always know that you are a Christian and that you are ready to go to heaven. I made a blanket statement to them and myself and said "how would we handle it if it was us?" I don't know exactly and pray that I am not tested with that, but I believe that Christian will overcome this diagnosis and God will get the glory from it all.

A very busy weekend ahead, imagine that. Brady has another band competition tomorrow in Pulaski. Can they travel any farther? We are going to try to make that. We are planning on taking Emma to church on Sunday and then we are having a celebration service Sunday night to celebrate her being home. Please pray for me because I don't do well speaking in front of people and I am trying to get my thoughts together and hope to share our experience with our church family. Adoption has become so important to us and I would love to be able to share that with others.

I am back at work again tonight and didn't get a nap today. The phone rang several times and by the time I was almost asleep, Emma was awake. Having a little one really changes things!

No comments: