Friday, October 10, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah

Have you ever had just one of those days (or 2) that you feel just kind of blah.. I have been there for the last 24 hours or so and I can't put my finger on it. I think everything is just beginning to get to me. My house is a disaster and hopefully the downstairs remodeling will be finished in a week or so and I can get some things moved around. I've tried to overlook most of the mess, but now it's beginning to really bug me.

My 14 year old with all of his 14 year stuff that is going on! Need I say more.

My 12 year old with his 12 year old attitude and constant annoying of the 14 year old. The highlight is they will be out of school all next week for fall break. Can you say "mom may beat them" before the "break" is over?

Oh, and I turn 41 today. For some reason that number is bothering me a little. I was okay with 40, but what's the deal with 41? I know, it's just a number but the numbers seem to just be going up. Of course it beats the alternative of no numbers at all.

I am also so sick of the news and the election and all the negative stuff that's going on. I personally don't like either of our choices for President and please don't comment about that! It's my blog and I can say what I want. I am conservative and I really don't feel like either of them represent me that well. Politics - what a racket. Can you say third party?

Okay, so enough feeling sorry for myself. My little girl is doing so well. She is constantly wanting me to walk with her. She wants me to hold her little hands and walk along behind her and she steps so high that it's hilarious to watch. She also managed to put her fingers in baby food yesterday and lick them a few times. She then proceeded to wipe it on her head, but at least it's a start.

We have another busy weekend ahead. Work tonight (without Dede I might add - on my birthday I might add). Tomorrow is family day at Bo's work and we are going to that. I know it will be fun but it also means I don't get to sleep at all tomorrow. I think that is one of the things that is bringing me down and making me so tired. When I get up on Friday morning I usually don't get to sleep again until Saturday night and I think it's catching up with me. Another sign of getting older:)

I hope that everyone has a great weekend.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday - sorry about the blah's!

Paula said...

Happy Birthday!
I have enjoyed following your story and look forward to seeing all the cute photos of Emma.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! When you are older, you will look back at 40 and how young you were. As a retired mother of two, I burned the candle at both ends. Now I see my error! Do you need the job at this point in your life? Emma will be grown, the boys will only remember a tired cranky Mom! Is it worth it? Enjoy Bo, the children and the Lord will give you all you really need!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mayme!!! Oh to be 41 again!!