Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Too Busy for Blogging

I have been too busy this week and decided that to best utilize my time I should not be on the computer. I have not been following many blogs or updating mine in hopes that I can get some things accomplished. I have gotten a lot done but still have a long way to go.

We have gotten a lot of the boys things moved downstairs and I have managed to get their new bathroom set up (partially). Bo has to install the shower door and put the last coat of sealant on the tile and then it's open for business.

Emma is doing very well and PTL has eaten over the last couple of days. She ate an entire jar of food yesterday and Monday. She has to decide that she will eat it and I have to dance and sing and act like an absolute idiot to get her to do so. As Dede so eloquently put it - dance puppet, dance! She is certainly pulling the strings. Whatever works. However, that whole dancing and singing might not work as well when we are in public.

She didn't sleep well last night and in turn, neither did I. She was awake at 1:45 and then had a hard time going back to sleep. She ended up in our bed and was up with the alarm at 5 a.m. Very happy, but up too early. She was evaluated by TEIS this morning and performed well. We should know her final scores and whether she qualifies for their services in few weeks.

She is really enjoying being rocked at night. Of course, that just breaks my heart:) Is there anything sweeter than a baby curled up on your shoulder sleeping? I don't think so. When I'm holding her at night and she is so snuggled up, I have a hard time thinking about her life before us. I just can't stand to think of how she never had anything or anyone that could just hold her and love her. I have also been thinking a lot about her biological parents and praying that God will some how touch their hearts and cause them to know that she is safe and loved. It's really been weighing on me lately and I just hope that somehow they "know". I just look at Emma and it's like she has always been here. I have said it so many times, but adoption is the most amazing thing.

Ashton has his final tennis match today and then his jubilee on Saturday. Brady has his final band competition on Saturday as well and I hope that it doesn't all overlap. We shall see. Boys are so weird. Their latest escapade was to "trip the rooster". One of them put a string across the drive and tied it to the camper. The other one ran the rooster toward the string, thus the rooster tripped. How do you come up with these types of things? The funny thing was Brady said to me "You know the best part, the rooster fell for it every time." I hope no animal rights people are reading my blog. No roosters were killed in this tripping escapade. He may be walking with a slight limp though.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I laughed out loud at the "tripping rooster" part!

Anonymous said...

I cracked up at the rooster story too! Way too funny! A video of them setting that up would be priceless!

Brian