Monday, October 20, 2008

TLC pays off

Emma had her second physical today and she has grown well in the past month. She had gained over a pound and grown over an inch. She is 21 lbs and 6 oz, 33.5 inches long. Her head had grown also and Dr. H was very pleased with all of it. He said it was pure brain growth and he couldn't be happier with her progress. Now, if she would just eat! We are still working on that one. She also received 4 shots and and TB skin test. She wasn't too impressed with any of that. She took a 30 minute nap on the way home and has been awake since.

The boys went back to school today and I hope that things are going well for them. They are very excited that they get to move downstairs this week. The carpet should be in today and Ashton plans on sleeping on his bean bag tonight. We will see how that turns out.

We had our shower at church this weekend and Emma got some adorable outfits. We also got several diapers, gift cards, and a tutu from Rory. Every girl needs a tutu and I can't wait to see her in it. It was a nice time together with family and friends and we appreciated it so much. We have another shower at work on Wednesday and that should be fun. I just can't wait to get Emma's room finished and get everything put away. This disorganization is driving me crazy.

We had a nice weekend. There was a fundraiser for Christian this weekend and it was a big success. Brady was excited because he won a Big and Rich t-shirt, cd, and picture at the silent auction. They raised a lot of money and I know that they appreciated the big turnout. Christian is still receiving chemotherapy and will have to have a second round. There was a match found on the bone marrow registry and hopefully that will be a success. I can't explain to you what a great family this is. Christian is such a good kid and I know they covet your prayers.

1 comment:

Carla Lewter said...

I know the eating thing is so hard to take, believe me!!!!! Charlotte only took from a bottle from Nov. 07 until this past June 08 and she was 16 months at Gotcha. We had OT and Speech and tried everything but it was to no avail until she decided she wanted to try. She would gag and resist and cry and scream. Want to try food and spit it out and on and on. We just kept trying and eventually she finally decided she would eat something from a spoon, it was 8 months.....but now just 3 months later she will eat yogurt, soups, pudding, ice-cream, smoothies, cheerios, goldfish and tries other stuff. It is not the taste but the texture, it scares her when she is not used to it. Once thing I did to help with the spoon is fix her bottle, and then make her take 2 or three spoonfuls of whatever was in the bottle before I would let her have the bottle to drink. I would put the spoon right in the open bottle and scoop it out. Eventually she knew it was the routine and she started to do it without crying. Then I made her take 5 spoonfuls, and on and on. Then she had to eat yogurt or soup and on and on. Also, I made her sit in the high chair for her bottle for breakfast, lunch and dinner sitting more upright. She preferred to be on her back. This helped her swallow rather than just letting the milk flow down her throat. I let her have the last bottle of the day in my lap the way she liked and she always got so excited about that one. Maybe some of the same things will help you guys. I have been meaning to get over her and leave a comment to tell you what helped us. But I am praying for you because I totally understand.

In Him,
Carla L.
AWAA