Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday

My dear first born. He is a sweet child. I love him dearly and can't believe that he is 15 and only has 3 more years in school (well, I'm hoping).


All that being said, the child is CLUELESS.


I have been getting up 30 minutes earlier every morning (meaning 4:30-4:45 a.m.) so that I can get some things done and have a little quiet time before the rat race begins. This morning I actually heard the shower running downstairs before 6:00 a.m. That doesn't necessarily mean that anyone is in it. Brady is notorious for turning it on and letting it run while he does whatever he does in the mornings. However, this morning he was bright eyed and bushy tailed and upstairs on time. Ashton, another story.


I got Emma up at 6:50 and gave her some bacon and Fruit Loops for the road and she was happy. I heard Brady playing the guitar while all this was going on. I yelled downstairs for the boys to come on and decided that Emma and I would just get in the car and wait to see how long it would take. Approximately 7:08 Brady appears at the door, leaning out and yelling to me "Mom, are we going to school today?" I in turn reply, "Well no Brady, Emma and I are just sitting in the car because it's such a nice morning." WHAT IS HE THINKING!!! Of course we are going to school and he makes a mad dash from the house without his shoes on and jumps in the car. "Let's go, just leave Ashton." Ashton finally ambles out at 7:14 a.m. and tells me he can't find any socks. I replied, he replied, he lost his cell phone. Another happy morning was had by all.


Brady was unaware of what time it was. "How am I supposed to know what time it is?" he asked. Well, I pointed out to him that there are at least 8 clocks in this house, not counting the computer and phones and it might be a good idea to actually look at them in the morning. Again I say, the child's main goal in life is for me to have an heart attack before I turn 42. He's well on his way.

No comments: