Thursday, August 13, 2009

OH DEER.......

Yes, I do mean DEER. Bo was ambushed by a pretty little deer last night and it left a nice dent in my front passenger side fender. Thanks Bambi. The deer left with nothing but a headache. That's the second time he's been hit by a deer in my truck. The other story didn't have a happy ending.


So, as I suspected, my boys are beginning to move more slowly as the week goes on. The first day we left at 7:03, the second 7:05, today 7:10. I'm seeing a trend.


Ashton is liking his new school okay. He quit band because there were only 14 kids in the 8th grade band and the teacher made you sit in the corner if you misbehaved. HELLO. They are in the 8th grade. HARD LABOR maybe. That was the one sacrifice he thought he might have to make when he changed schools.


Brady seems okay with his schedule. After failing Algebra I last year he now has to take Algebra all year and I am certainly of the mind that he needs that. He's not too thrilled. I'm really hoping that he has learned a very valuable lesson from that experience but I guess time will tell.


Emma has done well with her therapies this week. Yesterday she cried and screamed when sweet Mrs. Jane took her back and today she went willingly. It was so sweet as she walked off she turned around and puckered up her lips for me to kiss her and waved bye. All of the moms in the room melted with a collective sigh. She really is sweet. Of course, she did scream like I was killing her when I made her get in the cart at Target yesterday and again at Kmart today. I'm no big fan of Kmart but I had some time to kill before therapy and I have been looking for some flash cards for Emma and have not been able to find any at Target. Kmart had a great supply and I was thrilled with some other things that I picked up for her to hopefully use those fine motor skills.





Okay, so you all know that I'm all about a good deal. If you don't subscribe to MoneySavingMom
you are so missing out. A daily feed to your inbox and she informs you of all the good deals out there. I went with coupons in hand to Harris Teeter last night for triples up to .99 cents and saved $102.66 in coupons. I'm planning another trip there next week when Emma goes to the doctor. But let me say, my Rite Aid trip was the bomb today. All of the things in the picture above were from Rite Aid.
  • My total before taxes and coupons was $38.22
  • Coupons were $35.99
  • My total OOP (out of pocket) was $6.69 and I will be able to turn in $2.49 for a Single Check Rebate making my total $4.20. The cashier was very excited and kept asking me "how did you do that?" My best deal was the air fresheners that are regularly $12.99 and were on sale for $6.99 and I had $6.00 coupons. Yippee... .99 cents a piece. I'm hoping to make the boys downstairs smell MUCH better.
  • My best Harris Teeter deals were: Purity Premium Ice Cream for .97 cents each. (I bought 3, Emma and Ashton love ice cream.)
  • Grands Biscuits for .34 cents
  • All Detergent $1.97
  • Wish Bone Dressing - free
  • Betty Crocker Warm Delights - .16 cents
  • Shredded Wheat cereal - .35 cents
  • Red Baron Pizza Singles - .75 cents
  • Luzianne tea bags - .39 cents
  • Welchs Grape Jelly - free
  • Betty Crocker Supreme muffin mixes - .88 cents.

Okay, so enough about my boring life, but I love getting good deals. Apparently everyone else does because there were a lot of coupon shoppers at HT last night.

I have finally finished pricing the clothes for the consignment sale. I have a few pairs of shoes left and some toys to price and I AM DONE. I hope that I sell everything..... Emma needs fall clothes and this is how I intend to pay for them.

Have a great Thursday.

2 comments:

Beth T. said...

Mayme, Mom and I have gotten some good flash cards at Dollar General. You just have to hit it at the right time.

Amy said...

Wow! I really need to try Rite-Aid. My mom loves it but I haven't given it a try yet. Thanks for posting your good deals...now I don't feel like such a dork for always posting mine! :)