Monday, June 1, 2009

It's Been A Few Days....

During Speech a couple of weeks ago our therapist Mrs. Jane had the neatest thing to play with and Emma loved it. It was a plastic container filled with dry beans and macaroni noodles. Simple. She played with it and loved filling her cups and bowls. I stole the idea and made her a bean/macaroni container at home and she seems to really enjoy playing with it. It's great for those little guys with texture/sensory issues and so far Emma is loving the feel of the beans and macaroni. This is a major step ahead for a little girl who doesn't like things on her hands. I did manage to catch her right before she decided to eat one of the beans.





It has been a very busy few days. I worked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights and attempted to sleep during the day. No matter how many years I work nights I don't think I will ever master sleeping well during the day. It's just not normal. So during all those hours away from home Bo had to be Mr. Mom and keep everything together. I think he may have been ready to go back to work today. Overall he gets a B+. He did a good job.
The boys left for camp yesterday:) They come back home on Friday. When I went through Ashton's bag I realized that he had packed for approximately 2 weeks. The funny thing is that if tradition holds true he won't even bathe more than once while he is there. I didn't even bother to look in Brady's bag. I was too afraid.
Well, it's that time again. I am attempting to get Emma off the bottle again. I am only going to let her have water in the bottle and offer milk in her cup. I am not expecting great results but we will see.
Emma is attempting to say more words. Her newest thing is "uh oh" when she drops something. It sounds nothing like how we say it but it's so cute. She also makes a sound for thank you every time she hands you something. She is also saying open when she hands me her Play Doh. She is really making some progress and I am so excited to hear those little sounds coming out of her mouth.
We finally met Hudson last night. We stopped at the local Mexican restaurant after church and Lindsey and her family were there and Hudson is adorable. He and Emma really hit it off and were so cute playing together. They just laughed and jumped and screamed. It was adorable. I am hoping that we can get them together again soon.
Well, a very busy day ahead. I am hoping to get the mounds of laundry done and some major house work completed. Notice I said hoping. So far I have not accomplished much. I have had to kill a fly that Emma was terrified of and she won't let me out of her sight because Ernesto the rooster is on the front porch. Can you say dumplings?

No comments: