Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's Up and Goodbye Old Friend

Emma enjoyed talking to Nanny on the phone Monday. It was hilarious. She "talked" constantly and made the cutest faces. My mother was amazed at all the jabbering.


We played outside on Saturday afternoon with her new sprinkler ball. She was not that impressed. She didn't really like the water as much as I had hoped and the puppy was her constant companion which made it even worse. She did like looking at her shadow however.


Sophie, aka the Beast that chews up EVERYTHING.


Playing with Ashton on his mattress. Ashton, who no longer sleeps in the man cave because he has seen a few spiders, was dragging his mattress up and down the steps and letting Emma lay on it with him. They had so much fun together until she fell off and hit her head. She wasn't as impressed after that.


While playing with her beans/macaroni she poured it on the floor and looked at me so innocently and said "Ugh oh". Yeah right.


Reading a story with daddy.
Notice the feet propped up while she is being read to. Nothing like living in the lap of luxury.




So when I got an e-mail from my friend Maria this morning asking if I had died I decided that it had been a while since I had blogged. Sorry. I have been covered up. Literally. Emma is having one of those moments when her life is good as long as I am her constant companion. She has been hanging on to me for dear life and in all honesty I have not felt like blogging while she is attached to my leg. I have also had several appointments, etc. and have just ran out of time at the end of day. Not to mention I have run out of energy as well.....
Yesterday was spent taking the boys to the Dermatologist. Oh the joys of the teen years. My biggest mistake was allowing them to be in the same room to be seen. Oh the looks and the giggles. When you say the word puberty in front of a 13 year old it evidently is the funniest word known to man. Say the word period and you get a bigger response. The nurse couldn't stop laughing at them which was like pouring gas on a fire. They could be stand up comedians. I didn't think it was that funny but of course I'm boring old mom. The fun stopped when Ashton found out he was about to have blood drawn. That was when I got to laugh.
Ashton has been in ball camp all week and finishes up tomorrow. He plans on going back to church camp next week. Brady has been lounging around and hanging out with his friends. Oh the life.
Emma starts O.T. today. The bad part of that is that it is scheduled after P.T. and is on the other side of town. It's during her nap time as well, so I'm afraid that might not go so well. I guess we shall see. Another day spent on the road!
Well, Ernesto (our rooster) appears to missing. We have not seen him in a few days and I suspect he is dead or made a delicious meal for a coyote. Poor guy. He was our sole survivor and now he's gone. I'm going to miss him staring at me while I work in my office. He really had become part of the family and was very good at being our guard rooster. I've had several people tell me how afraid they were to get out of their cars when he was around.
Well, my little angel is stirring and will soon be yelling at me so I guess I should finish. Sorry that I have not kept my 3-4 readers updated and I promise that I will try to do better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you have more then 3 followers. I, miss the joys of watching your family grow and most of all, EMMA. I hope you find time to keep "US" in the loop. God is blessing you and you are giving to others.