Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Emma is loving the keyboard. She is very dramatic when she plays it and has begun to lean from side to side while playing it. She also likes to turn around and play it backwards.

He bug glasses have become her favorite for now. Our neighbor's little boy gave these to her when we first came home and she loves them. THANKS Ben.

Rearranging the Cd's.

We visited with my oldest nephew this weekend in the big town of Hardyville Kentucky. He had a barbecue and allowed all of his relatives the chance to come see his new farm. Emma loved Bob and was only slightly interested in the cows he had on his farm.

Playing with Uncle Johnny.


We had a very busy weekend. Our visit on Saturday was fun but it was a 2.5 hour drive one way so we spent a lot of time on the road. It did help me to decide that a trip to the beach this year might not be the best choice since Emma was getting pretty restless in the car seat. She was much better than he boys though! That is the real reason that I don't want to make an 8 hour drive. Constant arguing.
Sunday we had church and ended up taking kids all over the world. Brady survived his canoe trip and then spent the night with a friend. Ashton also had a friend over and then yesterday I took 4 boys to the movie. I dumped them out, floated a loan for popcorn and drinks and picked them up 2hours later. It was heavenly. I snagged a couple of CVS deals, walked around the mall and treated myself to Starbucks before I picked them up. After I picked them up they wanted to hang out at the mall a little while and then I managed to do a little more shopping. We headed home and then took Ashton out for a late birthday supper. WHEW. I was beat last night. When the alarm went off this morning I turned it off and fell back to sleep. Poor Bo woke up and saw the clock and made a mad dash to get ready for work.
ONE more day of school! That is one of those bittersweet things. I am glad to get a break from all of the school trappings and having to get up early everyday but then I have to sacrifice my sanity by having the boys home all day. They are going to church camp next week and I am so glad. I remember the first time they went and how I worried about them being gone for a week and not being in touch with them. Man, not anymore. They love it there and I love the one week of the year that there is no arguing in my house. Ashton comes back home and has 2 weeks of basketball camps. It is going to be busy.

No comments: