Friday, May 22, 2009

My Name Is Emma and I Have a Problem

My girl is addicted to chips. Today's choice was Frito's, a classic. Yesterday's choice was Ranch Doritos. She loves them and although it may not be the best choice of a snack, it sure makes a little girl happy.

Is this the face of a content child or what?



Helping me get things out of the refrigerator. It would appear it's time to have a cleaning.
Ashton cleaned out his locker at school and brought home his mirror (oh my vain child) and it has provided a lot of entertainment for my girl. She loves to look at herself and make faces.

Crazy busy week and the weekend isn't looking much better.
Some of the most memorable things from this week are:
  1. Emma and I were getting out of the car and walking in to Walgreen's when she saw a woman and little baby and immediately said Baby. I was so proud of her! She is trying so hard to make words and speech therapy is helping her so much.
  2. During dinner one night this week, Brady informed us that he had been thinking and had decided that he is going to get a tattoo next year. Bo informed when he (Bo) could blow flames out of his ears then he (Brady) could get a tattoo. I explained that when he turned 18 he could make that decision but at the ripe old age of 15, we didn't think so.
  3. My favorite song is "What a Wonderful World". The boys and I were on our way to church Wednesday night and were listening to some of the oldies and that was on. Ashton proceeded to illustrate the song and the motions that he did were hilarious. I almost wrecked laughing at him. I guess you had to be there.
  4. Emma new favorite thing is to put a blanket on her head and disappear. She cracks herself up when you start calling her name and asking where she is. She pulls the blanket off and reappears and rolls with laughter.
  5. Emma stood at the bottom of the steps today screaming "Bubba" in a very Chinese sounding tone. She was looking for Ashton and couldn't find him.

So that about wraps it up. We are visiting my nephew this weekend and having a little family gathering. Brady is canoing on Sunday with a youth group and we have no definite plans for Monday. We have to get the pool opened and that is usually a family affair. Not a very pleasant one might I add.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Edgar and Barbara said...

Hello McGowan Family!!

I can't believe how much Emma has changed in (almost) 9 months! It's so unbelievable, yet SO amazing! I think of you all often and look forward to the day that we can meet up again. God Bless.

Love,
The Figueroa's
Barbara, Edgar, Crystina & Ethan

Malina Taylor said...

Emma can always make me laugh!!! I love her painted nails!!!

-Malina Taylor

*oh, I picked her up a beach hat with ladybugs on it, a yellow linen dress and a flower for her hair :)