Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Emma is loving the new karoke machine that Pop gave her and the boys. She is all about singing.




Well, another weekend has come and gone. Is it me, or do they just seem to fly by?


I came home from work Saturday morning and we headed straight out to basketball games. We had 2 extra boys and they were just as sweet as they could be. However, Ashton was in trouble for asking friends over after his dance Friday night. I had given him strict instructions that he was not to have friends over since we had to be at his game at 9:30 and I wasn't going to be able to rest at all. I made one mistake with that. I didn't give Dad strict instructions and so Ashton brought home 2 buddies. Needless to say, mom was very unhappy with the situation. Ashton told me he "forgot" that I had told him no friends over. Short term memory loss at age 13 seems to be at an epidemic proportion.




So Saturday was spent in the gym watching Ashton play ball. He did well and in each game (3 total) he increased his points. He ended up having a late game and Dad had to make the long trip back home to return the friends to their homes and Emma and me to ours and then go back for the 7 p.m. game. LONG DAY.



Before Ashton's second game I noticed a boy who was missing his left forearm. He had his elbow and a little bit of his forearm, but that was it. What I noticed about him was that he was putting on his basketball shoes and getting ready to warm up for the game. What I also noticed is that the kid could play some serious ball. I was so impressed and it just reinforced what I know about Emma. She will be able to do anything!




Well, not being the least bit shy, I found out which person was his parent and had the opportunity to speak with the dad. The boy was born with ABS and therefore the missing limb. I told the Dad about Emma and how I am always wondering if she will be able to play ball or an instrument, or whatever and that seeing his son just blessed me so much. The dad was so sweet and told me that nothing slows his son down and that he was sure nothing would slow Emma down either. It was just one of those GOD moments that I would have missed had I not stayed up and went to the game. So sure, I was up for more than 24 hours and completely exhausted, but I was blessed. Isn't GOD cool!




Sunday was spent at a family reunion for my step father's family. It was very nice and I got to seen an old friend that I played with when we were just little girls. It was great to see her as well as the rest of the family. My step father had 12 brother and sisters. Can you imagine?



Today has been spent cleaning and trying to play catch up. Emma has been very good and is really enjoying her Play Doh. She hasn't mastered the whole concept that it has to stay on her table in the kitchen and I keep finding her roaming around the house holding it. She ate some on Friday and evidently purple Play Doh must taste pretty bad.

No comments: