Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Nanny

Today is my mother's birthday and I want to wish her a very happy birthday. She is a special lady and everyone that knows her loves her. She has her hands full helping me with the kids and taking care of my step dad who unfortunately has Alzheimer's. When my dad died 15 years ago, she was blessed to remarry a wonderful man. I don't understand why things work out the way they do, but God does. He has a plan and we just have to have faith. My mother is the perfect example of that. She is a blessing to those around her and I am very lucky to have her. Oh, and do you think she might like her granddaughter. After 7 grandsons it's funny to see her with a girl. Happy Birthday momma. We love you and appreciate you more than we can ever say.

I managed to run by CVS this morning while I was out and snagged a few good deals.


My total purchase was $24.07 before tax.
After coupons and ECB, it was $5.67. I also got $7 in ECB. Not too bad. Oh and mother, if you are reading this, please don't look at the cards. You will see them later.
Emma went for her orthotic fitting this morning and it went surprisingly well. She woke up at 4:10 A.M. this morning and really never went back to sleep. I don't know what her deal was and expected the fitting to go horribly. Well, she was great. She let them put the casting on her and then cut it off with the cast saw and never flinched. Our P.T. Miss Susan was there and helped with the fitting and I can't say enough nice things about her. She is genuinely concerned about Emma's feet and has gone over and above to make sure that Emma gets what she needs.
After the fitting we headed to CVS and Kroger and Emma managed to hang in there the whole time. She even stayed awake on the way home and has been singing in her crib. She usually goes straight to sleep and when I went to check on her earlier she was attempting to turn a flip in the crib. She never even noticed me slipping in and checking on her. So hopefully she will take a good nap while I prepare my mom's birthday dinner for tonight.
I don't watch a lot of T.V. I really just don't have the time. I like to watch O'Reilly and Hannity (in moderation) and am a big fan of Andy Griffith. I loved John and Kate plus 8 until all of the controversy that has begun to plague them. I personally think it's time to quit the show and focus on raising the kids without cameras in the house, but hey, that's just my opinion. I have however found a show that I really like. The Mentalist on CBS. I am loving that show and can't wait to see the season finale tonight. I will have to share my time with the American Idol finale, but I'm thinking that The Mentalist is a much better choice. So if you haven't watched it, try it out.
Okay, so enough rambling. Have a great rest of the day.

No comments: