Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Already

WOW! Does a week fly by or what?

I haven't blogged as much this week and I don't have any pictures to add today (sorry Brenda).
I just have not had a lot of extra time this week and have been thinking that I may have to slow down on the blogging. I don't know for sure, but it's just hard to get it all done in 24 hours. I'm sure I will feel differently next week:)

Our weekend doesn't include any basketball, so that will be nice for a change. We have a CPR class at church tomorrow that I will be helping with and then church on Sunday and the grandparents are coming to our house for lunch on Sunday. Emma will also have baby dedication Sunday and I am looking forward to that. It seems that several of my friends children will be dedicated on Sunday. Little Mister Hudson and Little Miss Ellie are also having their dedications that day. What a special day for those parents! They, like us, waited a long time for their little guys to come home and have so much to thank GOD for.


Brady had a band concert last night that was very good. They sounded great. Unfortunately, his bassoon was in the bassoon shop (is there such a thing), so he played some percussion instruments and was the gopher. He makes a great gopher. Emma was very entertained by the music and at one point began clapping before they ever started and saying "yay". Too cute.


Emma's foot seems to be better. I scheduled her an apt. with the Orthopedic and then decided to cancel it. She is practically running through the house, so I don't think it's hurting her anymore. She still has some bruising, but the swelling is better. I hope that I don't regret cancelling the apt.

She also did great for the O.T. consult on Wednesday. The O.T. was very impressed with her abilities and feels like she will only need limited therapy. So far Emma has impressed all of the therapists and doctors with her ability to use her 2 little fingers and pick up just about anything they give her. Nothing slows her down.


Okay, so that I have this in writing, I am sure that I am going to regret this decision and anyone who so chooses can come back and say "I told you so", but we are getting a puppy this weekend. Yes, we have 2 dogs already. Yes, we don't really need another dog. Yes, I love dogs. Yes, it's a free Beagle and I think they are adorable. My plan is to desensitize Emma to her fear of animals. Yes, I should probably start with a goldfish, but hey, I say jump right in. So say a prayer for the puppy as well as Emma. The boys are very excited and I'm sure that the new will wear off and then it will be me who is in charge of the puppy. At least they will be out of school in a couple of weeks and can take care of the dog. Any ideas for a good name for a female Beagle puppy? The boys want to name her Boss, but we will have to see her and then decide what her name will be. Another adventure for our family!


I think that I will attempt to take a quick nap. I am hoping for a good night in ER tonight since I have to stay up most of tomorrow. I am too old for that.....


Happy Mother's Day to all you moms. It's the hardest, most demanding and most rewarding job of all. That's why God chose women to do it!

3 comments:

Lindsey Carney said...

Yay! Emma's getting dedicated on Mother's Day too :) I am so excited and I'm sure you are too! I have to say I like the name Boss, too!

Maria said...

I only have one thing to say: Have you LOST your mind??????? *smile* Good luck with that new puppy!! Glad Emma's foot is better.

Stacey said...

Ephraim is getting dedicated on Mother's Day also!