Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday - Of Course I'm Behind

For my regular followers, sorry that I am behind. I have just been busy and my daughter has been very needy the last few days. She doesn't want me out of her sight and the only break I catch is during nap time. She has also been very timid the last few days. Scared of any sudden movements, still terrified of the dogs that are outside on the porch, and did I forget to mention - the rooster. Yes the rooster (only remaining chicken of the infamous flock) has decided his home is downstairs in front of the french doors in Ashton's room. He is there by 4 a.m. crowing (doesn't bother Ashton). He waits on me to fill up the dog food bowl so that he can eat, sleeps on the rug outside the door (yes, he's leaving a mess), and pecks the window. I'm not sure if he sees his shadow and thinks he is pecking at another bird or if he is just trying to get our attention. This rooster has issues and when Emma sees him she crawls quickly to me and puts her hand on my foot. Can you say therapy?

Bo and the boys are officially off after today. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving with Bo's family at his sister's house. We traditionally get up very early and meet them in Nashville for the annual Boulevard Bolt, but this year we are sitting it out. Our boys are crushed (yeah right). It's too early, too cold, too early, for us to get out with Emma. At least that is the excuse that we are using this year.

I have to work on Thanksgiving night and again Friday night. I hope that we get the house decorated over the weekend. That will give Emma something new to play with. I'm sure that the tree will be a huge source of interest for her.

Nothing much new and exciting to write about. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know that we are especially thankful this year. Our little girl is home and that is certainly the best gift we could have been given.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

The infamous flock?!? Please tell me these are not from the chickens we gave up on and passed down to you guys many years ago!

Anonymous said...

My favorite quote in your post, "This rooster has issues." Oh really? Do you think it has anything to do with the two boys who kept tripping the rooster? Too funny!!!