Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday's Thoughts

Another busy week and I am still behind. Will I ever catch up?

The man from TEIS came again today to establish our plan for Emma. I hate to sound negative, but it's no wonder the state and the country is in such financial turmoil. It has taken 3 visits to establish whether our daughter, who had 2 fingers and 3 toes, qualifies for any early intervention (PT, OT, Speech, etc.). It's crazy to think that they have had to come to our house 3 times to establish this but alas, that is the government for you. OK, so we established our goals today and now he will type up his report and then someone else will contact me about working with Emma. I have to be honest, as fast as Emma is learning to do things for herself I suspect she won't qualify for anything very long. She is doing so well with her little fingers.

Melissa and I took the girls and went to a warehouse sale today. The clothes were adorable and I bought several things for next summer. The other things were not as cheap so I controlled myself although I must say it wasn't easy. The things for next summer were cheap and I hope they will fit her. Rory and Emma were so good and obviously like to shop. We then treated ourselves to a Starbucks and headed home so that I could pick up Ashton. (Thanks Melissa:)

Tonight we are having dinner with my in-laws to celebrate Pam's birthday (Bo's sister). The boys can't wait because they love Kobe's. I hope that Emma does well there with the blazing grill thing. She gets startled easily and I'm sure that flames might scare her. She also didn't get her regular nap in and may be a little testy. She is taking a short nap now. We are meeting our good friend Beth (aka Cool Daughter) after dinner for a quick visit while she is in town. We have not seen her in several years and can't wait to see her. She is our former pastor's daughter and she babysat our boys for years. She is like our grown daughter.

Brady had band practice again today and will be going to Chattanooga tomorrow since the football team is headed to tournaments. He will be riding a bus for 2 1/2 hours up and back. Seems a bit much to me but what do I know.

Okay, so my house is still crazy. I worked so hard yesterday moving things to the boys new rooms and have a large Good Will section started. It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate. I hate stuff.

I am so glad the election is over. It didn't go as I had hoped but I am proud to live in a country where we have the choice. After being in China for 2 weeks I have a deeper appreciation for our freedoms.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I think we should get together one night and go to dinner. Our boys could visit and our girls could "visit" (well, you know), the hubbies could visit and you and I could talk, talk, talk. Let's try to do that, ok???